HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does any one know if a registered letter can be sent to a PO Box address? Might suggest that there would be no one there to sign for it.

I decided to look up the proper address and it's HFO Services, 165 The Broadway, Merton, London. SW19 1NE.

I have a statute barred letter being sent today and i'm sending it registered post to both adds!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PO Box address relates to a real building, Roxburghe House. I've had stuff signed for there. Yes, day to day ops of HFO happen at Turnbull Rutherford.

Am i right in my assumption then, that TR are totally accountable for any alledged wrong doings by HFO? Turnbull being director of HFO, would be accountable for his company's alledeged wrong doings?

Edited by fedup21

Thanks Donkey, could be of great help! Just needed to be sure before I put it to someone, like to know and be one hundred per cent, bloody hard work making sure I have all areas covered and evidence to back up! Oh well, all for a good cause!;)

Thanks Donkey, don't worry, not a court case, just a potentially serious complaint, but seems the only way to get responses is to make sure that I have done all the ground work and backed it up with evidence, not a route that I'm aware has been taken, so may be interesting, and will hopefully form a basis for further complaints to be filed if upheld.

Recieved a reply from OFT. Probably just bog standard, can't become involved in individual cases, they have sent guidance to debt collectors, however, they will use my complaint collectively with others they have recieved, (I complained about HFO & Lowells:mad:) Have to sign a disclosure form in case action is taken. So whilst I'm aware it won't have effect on my individual case, I'm hoping that enough collective complaints have been recieved! One down, few more to go!

Just out of interest, has anyone ever thought to use the Human Rights Act in regard to harrassment from DCA's? I know it's a bit of a grey area, the fact that we often supply companies with our telephone numbers willingly (not anymore!) would probably come into it, or even seeking an injunction through the courts? Just interested to know anyones opinions on this! Thanks:)

Just out of interest, has anyone ever thought to use the Human Rights Act in regard to harrassment from DCA's? I know it's a bit of a grey area, the fact that we often supply companies with our telephone numbers willingly (not anymore!) would probably come into it, or even seeking an injunction through the courts? Just interested to know anyones opinions on this! Thanks:)

In my view the HRA, in terms of DCA's, doesn't help - the HRA is directed toward the actions of "Public Authorities" - DCA's aren't...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Thanks IGNM, thought something like that may come into it! Just like to look at different angles! I suppose with regard to an injunction, lots of proof of harrassment would be needed, and if it were relating to phone calls, would I be right in saying that in order to use recordings in a lawful manner, ie court cases, the other party would have to be made aware that you were recording-and in that event would be unlikely to be forthcoming with any alledged abuse or bending of the truth?

Thanks IGNM, thought something like that may come into it! Just like to look at different angles! I suppose with regard to an injunction, lots of proof of harrassment would be needed, and if it were relating to phone calls, would I be right in saying that in order to use recordings in a lawful manner, ie court cases, the other party would have to be made aware that you were recording-and in that event would be unlikely to be forthcoming with any alledged abuse or bending of the truth?

As far as an injunction for harassment goes - I don't know much about harassment - I don't know how much you need before you can apply for an injunction...it may not be as much as you think

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

my brother suggested this, it works well, all you have to do is wherever you are just let them ring, answer your mobile ask them to hold on then put the phone back in your pocket, or if at home play them some music, it works well once they know they stop ringingdont let them have your home number just your mobile.

I listened to the BBC podcast of the programe "You and yours" that was broadcasted in April, and a very interesting statement was made by the phone company 3 stating that it used to use HFO but had ceased to do so. Seeing that they have only recently contacted me, it raises the question can they persue this debt, and when did 3 cease to use them.

I listened to the BBC podcast of the programe "You and yours" that was broadcasted in April, and a very interesting statement was made by the phone company 3 stating that it used to use HFO but had ceased to do so. Seeing that they have only recently contacted me, it raises the question can they persue this debt, and when did 3 cease to use them.

It often takes inefficient outfits like HFO months or even years to get to work on the clumps of debt they buy. There are lots of cases on the forum where two or three years have passed till the account gets 'reactivated'.

I've come to the conclusion that there is a secret DCA school that train these people up. They all speak in the same threatening, patronsing, tone of voice, and all spout the same rubbish. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their office!

Well you know what attracts flies.................... I'd fly into their ears and give them earache, mind you I'd fly straight out the other side, seeing as there would be nothing in the middle to stop me!:D