HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yippee, thanks donkey, just needed to demonstrate, purley for my own interest of course, That A TurnBULL, is linked, and if a situation were to arise, lets say for instance, legal purposes, As he runs Turnbull and Rutherford and is director of the said companies, really, and very importantly, he is after all a solicitor, he can be held culpable for any, erm, hmm, alledged wrong doings his companies may alledgedly carry out.

YEp Donkey, the first logistics [problem] is completly agaisnt OFT guidelines, and as far as I'm aware, they are still using this practice. Also seems, that if you do call the number it automatically logs your telephone number, then bingo, letter arrives, followed by the abusive phone calls.

I note also that First Direct Logistics was dormant until at least 31/12/2006. If any of their postcards were sent out prior to this, it begs the question: was it really dormant? That would be very naughty.

Aha... here's the proof! Look at the date of the first post. Poster is wrong about the identity, though. Anyone got any idea if an offence has occurred here? (NB the FDL website is now dead)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/53765-capquest-first-direct-logistics.html

I note also that First Direct Logistics was dormant until at least 31/12/2006. If any of their postcards were sent out prior to this, it begs the question: was it really dormant? That would be very naughty.

Aha... here's the proof! Look at the date of the first post. Poster is wrong about the identity, though. Anyone got any idea if an offence has occurred here? (NB the FDL website is now dead)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/53765-capquest-first-direct-logistics.html

I have a suspicion that I had one of these dodgy cards prior to that date Donkey, dam, need to go through boxes of old paperwork now! Don't know if that would be an offence Donkey, If a company is dormant, one would assume they cant trade?

Can't find that pesky card, maybe I used it to start my guy fawkes bonfire:rolleyes: or scrape the unmentionable I found on the bottom of my shoe-oh well, think I got another one, of to search again!

I'm sure mine didn't look a posh as that! I remember it looking more basic. But i do know it was def from first logistics, that i remember for sure. i must find it now, I want to compare!

sadly, I'm not surprised, but I'm going to keep on and on and on, as I have said, I seem to be getting better response by doing all the ground work myself, once one dept is able to confirm to me a prob, hopefully will then domino to all the rest, as they won't be able to ignore!

hi i am having great difficulty with hfo services they phone me at home 3-4 times just latly on a weekend they have been phoning on my mobile 10+ times a day, i have got to the point now where i just hang the phone up. the worst thing of it all is i dont owe any money, I do not know where they operate from but it does not appear to be in this country as the operators sound estern european in voice. They have left messages on my home phone saying they will call round to kick the door down, This Company Need to be stopped. They are operating totaly against the law, i belive they work on behalf of 3. Does 3 agree with this practice i wounder.

I do hope you have kept those messages? You need to make a complaint to the Office Of Fair Trading and Trading Standards. Try and have a good look through this site, do a search for HFO, you'll find lots of info. You need these calls to stop. Seeing as you don not owe the money, I think they are in breach of OFT guidance for chasing monies not owed. Have you been in contact with 3? I wouldn't deal with HFO. Write a very strong letter to 3, and yes I'm sure they know of their behaviour, I informed the chairman of Barclays, I hold them accountable for the behaviour of a disgusting company they CHOOSE to do business with. Hopefully someone will be able to give you a bit more advice soon.

HFO are a Debt Collection company that purchase bad debts form large financial institutions, so they are not actually working on behalf of 3, they buy up the debts at a cheap rate, then hound, and harass and bully and threaten people into paying up. They have a call centre based in India. I don't believe the large financial institutions should be doing any sort of business with them, but hey, money talks.

I do hope you have kept those messages? You need to make a complaint to the Office Of Fair Trading and Trading Standards. Try and have a good look through this site, do a search for HFO, you'll find lots of info. You need these calls to stop. Seeing as you don not owe the money, I think they are in breach of OFT guidance for chasing monies not owed. Have you been in contact with 3? I wouldn't deal with HFO. Write a very strong letter to 3, and yes I'm sure they know of their behaviour, I informed the chairman of Barclays, I hold them accountable for the behaviour of a disgusting company they CHOOSE to do business with. Hopefully someone will be able to give you a bit more advice soon.

SNAP i have registered my complaint with the directors of (MORGAN STANLEY GOLDFISH AND BARCLAYS BANK )and hold them fully accountable concerning turnbums lot

not that it will matter a jot, but, I'm I read somewhere on the OFT guidance, that if a DCA behaviour is called into question and fitness to hold a licence is called into question, the fitness of other business's having dealings with them can also be called into question? I may be wrong, but don't think I dreamt it!

This is all very interesting as I have recently started having dealings with this bunch of ....... They first of all started calling my ex wife demanding to talk to me. She informed them that I no longer lived at that address and I was out of the country, also to please stop calling.

Well the calls persisted, and finally she caved in and gave the mobile number I was on. Seeing I was on a Philippines number at the time they did not call me, (what a suprise!) Then the calls to her started again, by this time I was back in the UK. She was pressured to give them my contact details and it was then I recieved a call from a "nasty" little man. He reeled off the usual speel and stated the debt was checked as being valid and I owed £xxx and what was I going to do about it. I said at the moment nothing and he needs to write to me as I will not discuss anything over the phone.

Well as yet no letters from them but the calls continue, using a land line number and at least 2 different "mobile" numbers. As I have refused to answer these calls they are again calling my ex. I have written again to them again, asking them to prove that the debt is mine and if they dont stop harassing my ex and my self they will be reported.

Thanks to all who contributed to this as it has given hope to the rest of us.:)

Hi Padbear,

Sorry to hear of your problems. You're doing exactly the right thing, only dealing in writing. They have no right to be hassling your ex wife, but well, HFO will just about stoop as low as they can. Keep strong, if they persist in calling, record all calls, report to OFT and trading standards, the more that complain the better, we really need to keep on and stand fast, we will get somewhere in the end. Good Luck and don't let the ??? get you down!

Just out of interest has anyone decided to go down to the offices of HFO? Try and see someone in person, give them a doorstep call?

They're that pathetic, anyone turned up, they'd run a mile. Cowards and bullies, only capable of using threatening behaviour behind the safety of a telephone. How about a demonstration?! Sure a few of us would be up for a peaceful demo to get it out in the open a bit more!

Having my issues with these bunch of fools. Check my thread. I am at the latter stages of my dispute with them. It seems that not at any step do they follow the rules. They never seem to issue a default notice or notice of assignment. They do not send any correct paperwork, miss deadlines and rely on bully boy tactics over the phone to get people to pay them. I wonder how much they have been paid in total on debts that they have no claim or right over? Bunch of crooks and I hope they are taken to task for their downright ilegal and threatening behaviour. Good luck all.

Having my issues with these bunch of fools. Check my thread. I am at the latter stages of my dispute with them. It seems that not at any step do they follow the rules. They never seem to issue a default notice or notice of assignment. They do not send any correct paperwork, miss deadlines and rely on bully boy tactics over the phone to get people to pay them. I wonder how much they have been paid in total on debts that they have no claim or right over? Bunch of crooks and I hope they are taken to task for their downright ilegal and threatening behaviour. Good luck all.

Hi Gunner, keeping eye on your thread, and I wish you luck. I think that HFO have got away with breaking rules and regulations for so long now, it's actually normal behaviour. They know they can get away with it, so have no reason to stop, only when they begin to get pulled up for every mistake they make, maybe things will change.

Just out of interest has anyone decided to go down to the offices of HFO? Try and see someone in person, give them a doorstep call?

I am tempted to do this, any one interested in joining a peaceful protest.

Does any one know if a registered letter can be sent to a PO Box address? Might suggest that there would be no one there to sign for it.

Yes - you can send a registered letter to a PO box

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister