Me and Nat West

Pfc01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some advice please, I have searched various threads and need some help.

I am unemployed, I cancelled all my direct debits, informed those companies who I had DD's with. But, DD's still went through and Nat West charged me £38 per failed Direct Debit, plus overdraft charges for an unauthorised Over Draft.

How can I er challenge this? Really get hacked off with the phone calls and letters.

Your advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Firstly get yourself a parachute account and arrange for any money you receive to go there instead of the Natwest account. Make sure that all your DDs have indeed been cancelled.

See here for info on parachute accounts.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

Next spend some time reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer any initial questions.

I will move this thread into the Natwest Forum where you will be able to get further advice.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Another customer of this unpleasant poorly run bank - part of the RBS group comes to grief.

You are covered by the direct debt guarantee and of course the charges are unlawful as they are unfair.

Send a formal letter relying upon the direct debit guarantee and that you want confirmation that direct debits have now been cancelled as per your earlier instructions. Confirmation that all direct debit payments made in breach of your instructions have been refunded to your account - under the direct debt guarantee. Confirmation that all bank charges have been returned to your account. Confirmation that interest on any of the missing money is paid into your account. A proposal for a reasonable sum in compensation for the stress and trouble to which you have been put.

Also, you want confirmation that your apparent "indebtedness has not been logged with the CRA. You also want an SAR free of charge so that you can confirm that they have not logged any negative personal data relating to this incident.

You give them 7 days to comply or else you will start a county court action.

Stick to your threats. Don't give way on any aspect. Don't bother to do any of this if you are not going to follow it through.

Do not complain to the Ombudsman. It is a wast of time.

Only the county court gets results.

As this is not a bank charges issue, there is no reason why this case should be stayed - although the bank will try to get it stayed but if they do then come back to us and we will help you to deal with that little game.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the DD situation, BF. I've learned something from that as well.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for the advice, but how do I go about getting them to revise the £38 charge for every DD. I have found out some DD's were cancelled with the Bank but not with the 'Company Concerned'?

Hi Pcf01, still a novice on this site, so can't really give help, but support is helpful. I managed to get all my bank charges refunded last year, I was one of the lucky ones who got in early, I managed to get £3500 refunded in full and final settlement, however this has not stopped them making charges again on the account if I did not get the money in there fast enough to pay DD's. I think only the Court ruling will make them reduce that. Good luck, I got myself another bank account which is working well and do not intend to have overdraft or whatever again, but hey never say never!!! roko20650