Davey vs Halifax/BOS/Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya davey

been recommended to this thread of yours by 5664 cagger so guess im heading this way too eventually as bos may well sell on to this outfit, mine the same as you so will take time out to fully read your thread later

hope them chillies doing well, keep happy laters angel x

Hi Angel,

Cabot are not very tough to deal with. More frustrating than anything else.

Keep an eye on this thread to see how the ICO deal with the missing information requested as that could prove useful for you at a later date.

Chillis are doing well thanks. Flowers all over them now! :cool:

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to write a book on being in debt.

I would appreciate any short comments and peoples experiences in their own words on how debt has effected their health and lives. In particular the stress it causes and what being ignored by Lenders and DCAs when you are trying be responsible has felt like.

Only short comments wanted please. Say about 300 word max. No massive letters and i am more interested in the psychological effects and mental state, the frustration and stress that attempts to communicate with creditors has brought, rather than the legal side or section 78 failures etc.

I would prefer comments sent via hotmail or yahoo (link on the left of these posts) and not posted on the open forum please and rest assured your name/username will never be quoted. All in strict confidence and for my own use in writing about the subject matter and any information will be changed as to keep any comments i may add to the book as anonymous and not traceable back to any individual in any way.

Thanks folks... something may come of it. I may be a rubbish author! If it's not good enough for publication and if i ever finish it i'll post it online for download to try to help those being hounded by the evil doers.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Cabot-3.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Davey

I've been just been reading this post and other post on the forum trying get me head round the 'invalid defaults' issue (which most people seem unsure of):confused: and I was wondering where you picked up on the following? Is this 'time thing' mentioned in the CCA act and how would you use it to show that the default is invalid? ''I Don't think I've explained this very well''! Hope you can enlighten me.

Halifax shot themselves in the foot again:-)

1st class = 2 days del, 2nd class = 4 days.

14 days from service = 6th sent, 7th & 8th post, 9th service, 14 days from 10th.

Thanks GM:-)

Hey GM,

Check out fuzzybobbles post on JBs thread which explains the requirements of a Dn better than I:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/172734-hfc-agreement-enforcable-5.html#post2012313

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Cabot-4.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Still awaiting on the ICO complaint re the missing pages of the agreement. That could take a long while. In the mean time no replies to Cabot.. can't be bothered with them to be honest.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I too have just received much of what you have posted up apart from the 21yr old agreement they managed to find! I too was missing a page from the agreement and said to them until they provide it account still in dispute.

Penin is I believe penalty interest, is that illegal at all? Even though the CCa is possibly enforceable the DN halifax sent certainly isnt;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

hiya davey

ive just getting back to cag a lot more from today, lots to update you so will pm you and fab idea on your book,,, will contribute too

take care just wanted to say hiya on the thread for now

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Spartathisis... i think the penalty interest could technically only be called unlawful.. not outright illegal. Have you complained to the ICO re the missing pages at all? Can't seem to find anyone that has found the ICO to be helpful as yet :rolleyes:

Thanks Angel...Appreciate anything you can add.

I'll catch your threads when you update them. My book seems to be consisting of ranting and raving at the moment and a couple of literary agents are not interested in the subject matter.. but then again JK Rowling was turned down 10 times before her book was taken up too! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Ken maynard could be voldemore(?)

Ill be the harry potter type:)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Cabot-5.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

"one of our helpful advisors"!! and its gone up? How come they be charging interest?

"one of our helpful advisors"!! and its gone up? How come they be charging interest?

They have added about £10 to the account each month since they bought it last December.

I have asked for a detailed breakdown at how these amounts have been calculated (as i view it as a charge for debt collection) but all i have had is a nonsense reply stating something about how they are able to charge 'interest' etc.

I'm certainly not paying it!

Still awaiting progress on the ICO complaint re the missing pages under my CCA/SAR requests. Could be a long wait. Until then i am ignoring them. They won't take me to Court and i can't be bothered to waste printer ink :rolleyes:

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

If its interest then it should be at the rate that was in force at the time the debt was passed on, they cant charge more but can charge less (my reading of the situation), but as its Cabot and they state they dont have to provide details to you (A Duty) they then cant charge the interest (a Right) as by implication it is equitable assignment and can only collect the debt and nothing else. I think im correct on that one (please correct me if not :)).

I noticed on my screen printouts 9yrs ago when they bought the debt they added almost 2k in penalty interest and then a year later took 1800 off. no idea why, they told me they had changed their computer system and it had messed up all the accounts and it would eventually correct it self. This was before I realised they were lying towrags!

• 5 weeks later...

Davey is back after a bit of an absence to usual rubbish from Cabot which isn't getting a reply. Can't be bothered to be honest lol

IMG-2.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hiya Davey

Have been following this thread with lots of interest as I too am having BIG problems with Halifax.

However - can I ask - have you paid them 34 pence as your balance appears to have gone down!!?? Perhaps if you wait another year or so...... who knows!:rolleyes:

The letter from Cabot is a bit out of order as it could be interpreted by someone not cagwise as meaning that they had the power to actually carry out those threats without the need to go to court.

Interesting to note that they say ''will occur'' and not the usual ''may''

I'll be honest... I'm not even going down the F&F route. If the agreement is invalid then the agreement for them to contact CRAs is also invalid. Therefore their only route is constant badgering via letter because I have never read of a case where the court has ordered the debt to be paid (unless someone can elighten me?).

Hi there,

Sorry to hop in..

I have to agree with you no matter what..You either fight or ..you getting soft..which is exactly what they want.. I think that by entering in corespondence with them all(banks, DCA/s) is showing that we are doing way too much anyway....and playing a bit of their game.

DD:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya Davey

Have been following this thread with lots of interest as I too am having BIG problems with Halifax.

However - can I ask - have you paid them 34 pence as your balance appears to have gone down!!?? Perhaps if you wait another year or so...... who knows!:rolleyes:

Yeah im not sure why the balance went down. in any case it's gone back up again now lol

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

The letter from Cabot is a bit out of order as it could be interpreted by someone not cagwise as meaning that they had the power to actually carry out those threats without the need to go to court.

Interesting to note that they say ''will occur'' and not the usual ''may''

...and even when they say 'will' instead of 'may'.. still nothing happens. Look at the retreat below... i thought it was pre-litigation time (according to them). But no.. yet another attempt to collect without putting their previous threats into practice.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Cb.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

im still waiting (3 months) for a page from the T & C's from Cabot and in turn HBOS. HBOS managed to dig out from 1987 a very poor copy of the CCA, but nothing states that the debt could be assigned or sold, hence the missing page drama. Methinks there is something on there they dont want me to see ;)

im still waiting (3 months) for a page from the T & C's from Cabot and in turn HBOS. HBOS managed to dig out from 1987 a very poor copy of the CCA, but nothing states that the debt could be assigned or sold, hence the missing page drama. Methinks there is something on there they dont want me to see ;)

Hi there,

It is obvious.... and expect nothing but another rubbish..:D..at least that is what I keep receiving.

DD:cool: