• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Urgent Help Needed Philips Collection Services

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4250 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure where to post for this?!! My elderley Mum is being pestered by bailiffs (Philps) for an old debt, £140.00 from 1999, alledgely owed to a Debenhams charge card.

This was paid and have a bank statement to prove it.

Company called Aktiv Kapital have been chasing this money, and solicitors letters have been received from Buchananclarkwells and now letters from Philips bailiffs.

Im not sure who to contact first??? Poor Mum is becoming more and more distressed and frustrated over this

Could you point me in the right direction for template letters possibly???

Many thanks.

Jan :sad:

I will move your thread into the debt forum where you will get the advice that you need.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Not sure where to post for this?!! My elderley Mum is being pestered by bailiffs (Philps) for an old debt, £140.00 from 1999, alledgely owed to a Debenhams charge card.

This was paid and have a bank statement to prove it.

Company called Aktiv Kapital have been chasing this money, and solicitors letters have been received from Buchananclarkwells and now letters from Philips bailiffs.

Im not sure who to contact first??? Poor Mum is becoming more and more distressed and frustrated over this

Could you point me in the right direction for template letters possibly???

Many thanks.

Jan :sad:

Jan please search Google for 'Beryl Brazier'. Others will help you with letters but frankly I think you need to contact Trading Standards asap and get the police involved. What they're doing is well beyond illegal.:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

mANY THANKS! just read the Brazier case... thats awful!

Its the same lot... Thames Credit, then Aktiv Kapital. Have sent formal complaint letter and another to bailiffs.

So we'll see!!

Jan

The Northern Echo - Courts' debt collectors avoid bailiffs going in

They even tend to ignore courts:rolleyes:

THE debt collectors for North-East law courts narrowly avoided being raided by bailiffs from a rival firm after it refused to pay a compensation order.Philips Debt Recovery is licensed to use force to collect unpaid penalties on behalf of the region's county, magistrate and crown courts.Judges ruled last week that the company had run out of time to settle a compensation debt to a former employee, and sanctioned bailiffs to visit the company's offices in Darlington.Philips was ordered to pay a former staff member £6,150 in compensation at an employment tribunal in December last year.Jackie Ellison said company bosses had forced her to resign by demoting her without explanation and refusing to deal with her complaints.The tribunal ruled in her favour and ordered the company to pay compensation for constructive dismissal and unfair dismissal.All deadlines for payment were missed, and Darlington County Court issued a final ruling, giving bailiffs approval to raid Philips' offices, on the Faverdale industrial estate.A spokesman for the Courts Service said the company had paid the money.However, Alasdair Ross, Mrs Ellison's legal advisor, said last night that his client had yet to see the money.He said: "As far as we are concerned, the money has not been paid yet. We will continue with proceedings until the money is in the bank."As of 5pm tonight (yesterday), the money has still not been paid."A copy of the court order sent to Philips read: "This order means that your goods may be removed and sold or that some other enforcement proceedings may be taken against you."Mrs Ellison said yesterday: "I am hoping this will be the end for me now. I just want to get on with the rest of my life."A Courts Service spokesman said yesterday: "The issue has been resolved. We believe that Philips have now paid the money."We have got a contract with Philips to collect money on behalf of the courts in the North-East. We continue to monitor their performance with regard to the terms of the contract."Philips declined to comment.

Also questions asked in Parliament about there practices House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 04 Dec 2007 (pt 0025)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Here are 3 template letter that may help. I would send the 3 letter 1st.

Dear Sir / Madam

With reference to the above account, I would be grateful for a signed copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79), I am entitled to receive a copy of this agreement upon request. I therefore enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Please forward the requested detail to

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Dear Sir/Madam,

reference to my previous letters, I wish to draw your attention to your company's lack of compliance with my legal request.

On 12/01/09 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both Argos and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.

As you may not be aware , failure to comply with this request within 12 working days renders the alleged debt UNENFORCEABLE in law.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a compliant credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* may not pass the account to a third party.

* may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* may not issue a default notice related to the account.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that your continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I await your rapid response.

Regards.

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to detailed occurrences relating to the account Number

The following is by no means an exhaustive list but in the main this is what I require.

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to ALL accounting history with Argos & Capquest. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, all records you hold on me relevant to these accounts, including but not limited to:

1. A transcript of all transactions, including charges, fees, interest, repayments and payments and both the original amount of the loan and any repayments made to the accounts.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notices that you may have sent to me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted.

6. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any deed of assignment, or proof that you have a legal right to this money.

9. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

10. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

11. A copy of all account statements for the duration of the agreement.

12. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Any Other information relating to these accounts

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which your debt recovery agent used to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully