Debt Collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a few lines to say i have fell behind with my tesco credit card, last week i recieved phone calls from allied international asking me to call them, not knowing who they were i did, spoke to a mr........... no first name who told me i would have to sell my house or car to pay the amount of the £2,000, to be honest it scared the heck out of me, he would not reason with paying installments, they are calling back, any thoughts would be welcome.:???:

Yes, I have a thought - NEVER speak to these cretins on the phone because all they will do is bully you and make threats. Next time they phone hang up. A DCA has no power to do anything to you - only a court of law can make judgements. How old is this debt and what is it for?

tell them to bugger off!

they are a dca and have no legal powers nor authority to make threats like that

report them to the OFT. or whoever. and send the telephone harrassment letter from the template lib or use search above.

have you contact tescos by letter and advise them you are going through a bad patch?

if not , i would write them and say you will be making £xx PCM for the next XXmts abecause of hard times & would they please freeze the interest/charges as a goodwill gesture.

i would also look at reclaiming the charges you must have been levied too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry - I didn't notice it was a Tesco's credit card. Send them this:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

No one is going to take your house for a £2000 debt, unless credit card contracts have become really brutal the debt is not secured on your property. As for your car, I am sure you need that to get to work so I find it highly unlikely you'd lose that either. Hell, you should see what I owe.:D

Did Tesco's write to you saying that they were going to pass the debt to this bunch of bozo's?

If not, the next time they call simply inform them that you will refuse to speak to them until Tesco's does so. There's no way you can confirm they are who they say they are, and certainly don't give them any personal infomation like your address or date of birth.

As dx said write to Tesco's explaining your situation, ask them to freeze the interest and make an offer of payments that you can afford. Send the letter recorded delivery, that way they can't claim it got lost in the post.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

You should always record your calls.

If you had a recording of a call such as you have described, you would be in a very powerful position to make a serious complaint.

Call recording devices are easliy obtained from Maplins - very cheaply or our favourite, the TrueCall which you can obtain through us using our special offer in which we basically pass it on at cost. It will cost you about £100 but that is a 20% discount and it is the Rolls Royce of recorders

Bank-fodder is correct if you intend to talk to a dca on the phone

however the golden rule is Never never talk to these people on the phone

In general terms they want you to talk to them to scare you in making decisions

that you may regret or cant afford

I urge you to make a plan and stick to it

Best regards lilly

heres the telephone harrassment letter you can send along with the letter Pinky posted:

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

here also is a link re making reduced payment letter B would be suitable:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

A big thank you to you all that replied to my thread, its very nice to see so many pople passing on advice, i feel alot better now for the that, ill get started with correspondance to them.cheers.