judegement for claimant... please help

elliej1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After spending the last hour crying, i've decided to try and do something constructive.

After a fight last year with Largo re stat demands they produced one correectly completed credit adgreement, and sent a court summons. I completed this but said that i disputed the interest. When i received the allocation quesionairre i realised that i didnt really have a leg to stand on with regards to the interest, so wrote a letter asking for my defence re the interest to be disregarded and apologised. In the original court papers i filled in details of my earnings etc, and my offer of payment.

I've today received a judgement for claim saying that as i have not replied to the claim form i myst pay the claimant the full amount £6851.16

I can't afford to pay this, the offer of repayment i made was £20 a month. i did reply to the claim form. I don't know what to do. please can someone help? (i can't contact the court as they're not open today)

Did you complete & return the AQ or just send a letter? If you don't complete the AQ, judgment will be entered automatically against you for the full sum.

Did you hand deliver or mail, if the latter do you have proof of posting?

Don't worry, just phone the court on Monday & ask if they received your papers. It may just be a simple error.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

i returned the allocation questionairre, but i dont think i completed it in full as i enclosed a letter, and couldn't really see anywhere in it where i could withdraw my defence. Am i going to be expected to try and pay it all now then?

If you did not complete the AQ correctly, it's possible that the court clerk just looked at that & didn't take into account your letter.

I suggest you contact the court on Monday & ask for the Court Manager to see what has happened.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

thank you, will do that. Hubby's at work today, so i'm at home with my daughter, and you've no idea how much i paniked when i saw the letter. I think this was made worse by not being able to talk to anyone about it! Feel loads better after being able to "talk" about it, and having a none hysterical response. Thankyou!

Have a look at this link..as you accept the debt just go straight for a varied order using form N245...If the judgement is shown as a default and you have reciepts for the reply including your offer show this as well and point this out as a court error

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex326_0405.pdf

• Haha 1

Live Life-Debt Free

Feel loads better after being able to "talk" about it, and having a none hysterical response. Thankyou!

YW. Nothing to get hysterical about. Just remember all problems (except death) can usually be fixed in some way, the secret's finding the way :rolleyes: