• Tweets

• The world's largest economy grew less than expected but rising inflation may delay a rate cut.View the full article
    • Hello, Following the submission of my defense, last night I received an email from DCBL indicating that the claimant intends to proceed with the claim (I've attached a screenshot of the email for reference) along with the N180 directions questionnaire. I'm unsure how they obtained my email, but I suspect it was through the courts' form when I completed the Acknowledgment of Service. This email almost slipped my attention. I have also today received a letter from court to state they have received my defense.  It appears they are requesting an online telephone hearing with the court. Could you please advise me on the necessary steps I should take at this point? Thank you for your assistance. Letter-Email 25-04-24.pdf N180 - Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track).pdf
    • Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Central Trust £25 Loan PPP refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats not zoomable bobby.

use photobucket and post the link but not the thumbnail one

thanks to postggj, i pinged him last night as sadly i have not got the time to work it all out as present.

off for a new job thurs so need the time to concerntrate on me for a few days

normal service will be resumed asap;).

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi there, not posted for a while,

am needing help with a central trust issue

claimed back PPI last year,

loan ppi

25,000 7023.80 ppi

16,625 int chg 4321.00 int chg

1,875. broker fee

18,650 total 4321.00 tot. chg, credit

repayments monthly 462.97

cancelled PPI they and they refunded 4047.22 to the account dropping the total balance from 29,780 to 25,732.95

the monthly repayment has stayed the same of 462.97 this has gone on now for over a year.

i think i am having the wool pulled over but don't know what i am missing

central trust state to me that the payments have to remain at that price.

also i never recieved a FULL refund or interest paid to date or anything

CAN anyone help please ...........................:)

It is my understanding that the loan should restructured. The repayments once the PPI has been repaid should reduce the balance (if it is repaid to the loan) and the repayments reduced by that amount.

Obviouisly if you have been asked if you want to keep them the same then that should be ok.. but this does not appear to be the case.

You say time is running out on the other thread, but TBH, I am not sure I understand what assistance you are requesting.

Can you advise what help you require ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi i am requiring help in what type of letter to send as i cannot find a template letter to send

There are very few templates that would be useful as each situation is different.

Can you let me know the following :

On your original contract, were there two schedules of repayments One with the addition of PPI and one without.

What length of time were the repayments to be made.. ie £100 over 60 months (for example)

If you can answer the above, I will draft a letter for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

My apologies, I missed that :rolleyes: Ok, give me a few minutes.

BCOBS

hi there, not posted for a while,

am needing help with a central trust issue

claimed back PPI last year,

loan ppi

25,000 7023.80 ppi

16,625 int chg 4321.00 int chg

1,875. broker fee

18,650 total 4321.00 tot. chg, credit

repayments monthly 462.97

cancelled PPI they and they refunded 4047.22 to the account dropping the total balance from 29,780 to 25,732.95

the monthly repayment has stayed the same of 462.97 this has gone on now for over a year.

i think i am having the wool pulled over but don't know what i am missing

central trust state to me that the payments have to remain at that price.

also i never recieved a FULL refund or interest paid to date or anything

CAN anyone help please ...........................:)

Right, well as far as I can see your monthly repayments were incorrect.

The two repayment amounts ie £363.75 + £ 94.54 = £ 458.29

last letter i recieved from central trust stating that this is their final responce, where do i go now, the thing i don't get is that it was a single premium payment paid at the beginning of the loan, for 7023.80 and when i cancelled the PPI i only had 4047.22 deducted from the balance remaining.

so the remaining 29,780.17 was reduced to 25732.95. so from day one of the loan i was repaying 462.97 and today i am still paying 462.97 there has been no reduction in the monthly payments i, myself have recieved not a penny nor any interest or any payment whatsoever, apart from the reduction as stated above. i did sar and cca and have lots of docs here my question is AM I MISSING SOMETHING !!!! have i been hogwashed yet again ALL payments to these people are up todate and without any arrears

please can some one take me under there wing and guide me to a conclusion whether it be satisfactory or not, i just need to beat these ^&%*** ards

hi DX many thanks for getting back

first payment made on 2-2-07

refunded 19-2-09

Let me get these figures straight in my head

The original Loan was for £25,000 + 7,023.80 for the PPI = £32,023.80

On top of that there were the interest charges :-

Loan interest @ £ 16,625.00 +

Broker fee @ £150.00 +

Broker Arrangement fee @ £1,875.00 = £ 18650.00

Then PPI interest @ £4321.00

So total interest = £ 22,971.00

total loan + PPI = £ 32,023.80

Total borrowed = £ 54,994.80 (divided by 120 months) = £458.29

Send the following to their Registered office if they have one,or the last address they wrote to you from, if they dont.

Dear Sir/Madam

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

Agreement Reference:

I am asking you to revisit queries I have raised before.

On (DATE) I entered into an agreement for a £25,000 loan with (COMPANY) This loan included an insurance in the sum of £7,023.80.

On (DATE) I wrote to you asking you refund the PPI as this was mis sold .(amend this if the reason is incorrect, or even expand on the reason)

On (DATE) you refunded the premiums in the sum of £ 4047.22. I also continue to repay the loan at the original monthly repayment in the sum of £462.97. However, I believe this is incorrect.

The following figures represent the breakdown as shown on the agreement.

Original loan amount @ £25,000.00

PPI Addition @ £ 7,023.80

Total amount of loan = £32,023.80

Interest on PPI @ £ 4,321.00

Interest on Loan @ £16,625.00

Legal fee @ £ 150.00

Broker fee @ £ 1,875.00

Total amount of interest and fees = £22,971.00

Total amount to be repaid over 120 months = £ 54,998.80 @ £458.29 per month.

My first query; is that the monthly figure I have been repaying is for £462.97. When as shown above it should have been £458.29 per month.

My second query is; that it is my understanding the loan should have been fully restructured as all the Insurance figures were added to the front end total

Had the insurance not been added the loan would have looked like this :

Loan amount @ £25,000.00

Interest and fees @ £18,650.00

Total amount to be repayed over 120 months = £43,650.00 @ £363.75

You have only refunded the sum of £4,047.22. When in fact the loan should have been reduced by some £11,348.80 and I am still repaying the original monthly payment. Which itself was incorrect in the first instance.

This I believe is very wrong and I would like you redress this situtation immediately.

Please also bear in mind that this loan is fully up to date with no payments missed.

If I do not hear from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, which is being sent by a tracked Special Delivery service, then I will have no hesitation in taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman with copies to the Financial Services Agency for their comment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours etc.

There are some bits that you need to complete, where I have highlighted in blue or red.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the outcome of the letter if they respond. If they dont, then you will need to go to the FOS. We can help you form your complaint to them.

BCOBS

hi citizenb i have sent the letter suitably amended to suit, can you tell me what the general time span/and what other companies do, ie;- do they hang it out, do they usually lop the cost off of the amount outstanding do the refund to me personally or do you have any other situations of types of payment

typically they will wriggle and wriggle.

once you have a clear understanding between yourselves of what you actually owe, be that whatever.

but they can only take ARREARS, from you loan.

ie what you 'should' have paid to this point.

whatever is left will come to you as a cheque.

but you must watch them like a hawk! else they will just take it off the outstanding loan total and you might well see nothing if you get what i mean.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but if i am up to date on all payments then presumably it SHOULD all come to me and not deducted from loan

Hi Bobbydog:)

Yes it should - but as dx says its best to be prepared for all kinds of shenanigans. I just had a case where Santander credited a PPI refund to an old Debenhams account that hadn't been used for nearly three years - we have no up to date card for the account so could not have accessed the money and as far as we were aware we had closed the account when we cleared the balance in 2007. As they had never sent a replacement card we had no reason to believe the account was still active!

Hope you get your refund very soon,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

hi citizenb i have sent the letter suitably amended to suit, can you tell me what the general time span/and what other companies do, ie;- do they hang it out, do they usually lop the cost off of the amount outstanding do the refund to me personally or do you have any other situations of types of payment

I think landy and dx have pretty much answered your query. Sadly, even if you are up to date with your payments, they are permitted to reduce the amount of the loan by any refund.

My argument there would be that they have altered significantly the terms of the agreement by reducing the period of time over which the loan is to be repaid. Therefore they should reduce the interest rate :D

I doubt I would get away with it though :rolleyes:

BCOBS

as long as you get back the ppi + int etc that you have already paid through your payments by cheque.

then the overall 'total' of the loan gets reduced or restructured by the rest.

dx

and they

as long as you get back the ppi + int etc that you have already paid through your payments by cheque.

then the overall 'total' of the loan gets reduced or restructured by the rest.

dx

That is what SHOULD happen dx, but from what bobbydog is saying, they refunded a figure to the loan but that was only the interest that would have been applied to the initial sum.

They did not reduce the overall total sum by the PPI that had been caclucated into the total sum borrowed. Nor did they reduce the monthly repayments to those that would have been applicable had the PPI not been added in the first place.

See my working out in post #37

BCOBS

p'haps he might get lucky this time!

alanalana has some good posts on forcing their hand in the stickies.

dx

and they