• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Central Trust £25 Loan PPP refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks landy for doing that

it was my next speps in the explaination.

i agree with the figures too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks landy for doing that

it was my next speps in the explaination.

i agree with the figures too.

dx

You're welcome dx - happy to help ;)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

hi landy and dx100

first and foremost the loan i originally had with these people has NEVER been re-financed, it is still a continuation of the existing loan, minus the 4047.00 rebated to the account, i still have to pay (at the moment) the full amount, i have never recieved a revised date for the loan to end.

and what you are basically saying is that 3592.52 comes to me

3705 should be a second payment to the account and a revised final payment date. that will require some legal typ[e letter ............

Edited by bobbydog
placing a full stop

hi landy and dx100

first and foremost the loan i originally had with these people has NEVER been re-financed, it is still a continuation of the existing loan, minus the 4047.00 rebated to the account, i still have to pay (at the moment) the full amount, i have never recieved a revised date for the loan to end.

and what you are basically saying is that 3592.52 comes to me

3705 should be a second payment to the account and a revised final payment date. that will require some legal typ[e letter ............

Hi Bobbydog:)

Apologies - I meant to say I had no experience of loans that have been rescheduled not refinanced :oops:

If they have kept your payments the same but reduced the loan term they should definitely have given you a revised date for the loan to end, or so I would have thought.

Yes, what you are saying is correct - other than the fact that the £3592.52 which comes to you should be broken down into your monthly PPI payments and the 8% interest applied as I believe you said you had done in post 72, then as dx explained either entered onto a spreadsheet or submitted in the form of a list.

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

will get on with a letter asap will post for checking is that ok

Okey dokey :)

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

COMPLIANT OFFICER

Liz Cooke,

Firstly, may i thank you for your letter, received by me 19-03-2010,

Regarding point one of your reply, stating that the interest rate was changed in November 2007.

You note to me regarding term 3 of the credit agreement terms and conditions

you seem to have copied the terms direct from the page of the T&C’S

can you please explain fully the companies reasoning for each and all the increases made to the account at various times during the term of the agreement to date.

In point 2 of your answer, you have not answered the question i asked you, i asked as to why the terms of payment had not been reduced to reflect the cancellation of the PPI insurance payments, still to this day i am paying the full payment as per loan and PPI.

Can you furnish me with the date when my last payment of the agreement will be.

It is in my considered opinion that you should be refunding all PPI premiums that i have paid to date by personal cheque made payable to me, which totals £3592.52 PLUS 8% on each individual monthly PPI payment made from the first payment to the present payment .

it is also my considered opinion that the still remaining unused portion of the PPI premiums (as the loan was for 120 months, out of which i have paid 38 - leaving 82 still to pay) should be refunded back to the loan balance in full.

However, as i have already received a PPI rebate (when the PPI was cancelled?) of £4047.22 this amount should be deducted from the total figure of PPI payments

So your outstanding loan balance should reduce by the appropriate amount

i am still of the opinion that this PPI insurance was and still is a mis-sold agreement, and to date i am still not fully satisfied with either the rebate given, and your ambiguous answers to questions asked.

As to the final part of your letter regarding that referring the complaint to the FOS, may fall out of their jurisdiction, may i just state that i believe that that particular statement is wrong for you to state, and i feel that the statement is meant to intimidate me in continuing this claim

Below is my calculations as per rebate claimed from 12/1/2007 to date representing all and every PPI payment made from that date

AMT DUE + 8% date of payment

122.15 27.61 12/01/2007

121.33 26.79 12/02/2007

120.59 26.05 12/03/2007

119.77 25.23 12/04/2007

118.99 24.45 12/05/2007

118.19 23.65 12/06/2007

117.42 22.88 12/07/2007

116.62 22.08 12/08/2007

115.84 21.30 12/09/2007

115.08 20.54 12/10/2007

114.3 19.76 12/11/2007

113.56 19.02 12/12/2007

112.79 18.25 12/01/2008

112.03 17.49 12/02/2008

111.32 16.78 12/03/2008

110.57 16.03 12/04/2008

109.85 15.31 12/05/2008

109.11 14.57 12/06/2008

108.39 13.85 12/07/2008

107.66 13.12 12/08/2008

106.94 12.40 12/09/2008

106.24 11.70 12/10/2008

105.52 10.98 12/11/2008

104.83 10.29 12/12/2008

104.12 9.58 12/01/2009

103.42 8.88 12/02/2009

102.79 8.25 12/03/2009

102.1 7.56 12/04/2009

101.43 6.89 12/05/2009

100.74 6.2 12/06/2009

100.09 5.55 12/07/2009

99.41 4.87 12/08/2009

98.74 4.20 12/09/2009

98.1 3.56 12/10/2009

97.43 2.89 12/11/2009

96.8 2.26 12/12/2009

96.14 1.60 12/01/2010

95.49 0.95 12/02/2010

94.91 0.37 12/03/2010

working on it

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear complaint pleb.

thank you for your letter of 19th march 2009 concerning our mutual financial matters, specifically Loan No. XXXX of the xx/xx/xxxx date.

However, i am still puzzled upon where the account now stands on the following issues:

1. outstanding balance.

2. monthly repayment levels.

3. completion date.

It is my understanding that the loan should have been restructured following the PPI cancellation and partial refund by yourselves, however, this does not appear to have happened, which is leading to my above confusion.

As a point of clarity, I hereby make my position perfectly clear as to where we now stand with my [now] outstanding complaints.

Complete my reclaim of the PPI as per FOS guidelines - spreadsheet att.

I demand you refund all PPI premiums i have paid (ie, 39 x £94.54 = £3687.06) plus 8% statutory interest on each individual monthly PPI payment from the date it was paid to the date of this claim, total £4164.83.

The remaining yet to be paid PPI monthly premiums (my loan was for 120 months, out of which i have paid 39 - leaving 81 still to pay) should be refunded back to the loan balance - £94.54 x 81 = £7657.74.

Deduct the partial PPI refund of £4047.22 from this figure, thus my outstanding loan balance should reduce by a further £3610.52 (£7657.74 - £4047.22 = £3610.52).

I demand you refund the 'administration charge' of £50 for said partial PPI refund - there are no indications in any FOS/OFT guidelines that give you permission to charge an administration 'fee' in relation to a refund on a mis-sold PPI policy reclaim. If you think you are correct, then please show me the legal document you are relying upon to levy such a charge, so l may verify this with the relevent authority.

Your attention is also drawn to the 'brokers fee' of £1875 you charged me upon my application for the loan, again there are no indications in any FOS/OFT guidelines that give you permission to charge such a 'fee'. If you think you are correct, then please show me the legal document you are relying upon to levy such a charge, so l may verify this with the relevent authority. I demand you refund said 'brokers fee' and the interest you charged upon it [10.44%], plus 8% statutory interest = £3326.82

Having studied the guidelines provided by the FOS, it is my intention to refer these matters to them in eight weeks time should I not receive a favourable response from your company.

yours

not an idiot comsumer.

dx

Edited by dx100uk
added bits ........ now completed
  • Haha 1

and they

ofcourse you can

dx

and they

Hi Bobbydog:)

I see dx has provided you with an excellent letter to send (recorded delivery of course) - now they will see you mean business and all you should need to do is stick to your guns (and your timeframe) and let us know how you get on.

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

hi all this is (possibly) final draft have a look, check it over then i can sign it off

Dear compliant officer,

Liz Cooke ...

Thank you for your letter of 19th march 2009 concerning our mutual financial matters, specifically Loan No. xxxxxxxx.

However, i am still puzzled upon where the account now stands on the following issues:

1. outstanding balance.

2. monthly repayment levels.

3. completion date.

It is my understanding that the loan should have been restructured from the existing amount to a new lower amount, following the PPI cancellation, and partial refund by yourselves, however, this does not appear to have happened, which is leading to my above confusion.

As a point of clarity, I hereby make my position perfectly clear as to where we now stand with my [now] outstanding complaints.

Complete my reclaim of the PPI as per

FOS guidelines - spreadsheet att.

]

You should refund to me by cheque all PPI premiums I have paid (ie, 38 x £94.54 = £3592.52) plus 8% on each individual monthly PPI payment from the date it was paid to the date of this claim.

The remaining yet to be paid PPI monthly premiums (my loan was for 120 months, out of which i have paid 38 - leaving 82 still to pay) should be refunded back to the loan balance - £94.54 x 82 = £7752.28.

Deduct the partial PPI refund of £4047.22 from this figure, thus my outstanding loan balance should reduce by a further £3705.06. (£7752.28 - £4047.22 = £3705.06).

Refund the 'administration charge' of £50 for said partial PPI refund - there are no statements in the fos guidelines that allows you to charge 'fees' on a mis-sold PPI policy reclaim complaint.

Failure to fully re-evaluate my complaint FULLY by you, will result in

1, A full descriptively worded letter to your head offices in Malta to investigate my complaint

2, Having studied fully and intensively over a period of months, the guidelines provided to me, by the FOS, it is my intention to refer these matters to them in eight weeks time should I not receive a favourable response from your company.

Edited by citizenB
removed font formatting

edit this post and remove the a/c number

dx

and they

id kill this bit too:

make you look like a pratt

FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Failure to fully re-evaluate my complaint FULLY by you, will result in [/font]

1, A full descriptively worded letter to your head offices in Malta to investigate my complaint

i'd also put the closing line back to how i had it, again, don't make yourself look a pratt.

i migt have 5 mins later to do you a spreadsheet.

see how i get on

dx

and they

i have ammended post 83 what was the loan int rate please?

dx

and they

nice

more later

dx

and they

yep sorry up to my eyeballs trying to sort lots of my own issues.

you are not off my radar.

what i am going to do is add another claim in there for the brokers fee amount too just need the time to work it out.

dx

and they