matrx points system

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When should a matrix system have been done by my company?

a) Before “at risk letter”

b) Before consultation meeting?

c) What sort of information should it have contained?

d) Should I have been showed my score at my consultation meeting?

e) Have I the right to see other employees score at meeting?

A matrix scoring system is a scoring system based on certain criterion relevant to your field of work, then scores for example of 1 to 10 are applied to each field of criterion 1 being the least and 10 being the most, the scores are added together in each field to give a total score.

To be honest I have no faith in the system as a similar system was used to evaluate employees for redundancy at my former workplace, the system can be fudged if there is no employee appraisal system which has been in operation for a long period of time. However if you have appraisal meeting with your manager on a regular basis then the matrix system can work quite well in the selection process as a comparasion can then be made between the appraisal and the score given.

I think the scores are calculated at the begining of the process, before any letters are sent out, normally you are not allowed to see what scores have been given to other employees, but you should have been given the chance to see your score, but in my previous employment they were passed about quite freely which put the system into disrepute.

Edited by zoltron
  • Haha 1

definate fudging of the scores, you have fell into exactly the same situation as me, the scores were made up to your detriment. My case is currently at ET and it is the matrix scoring system my solicitor is focusing his attentions to at there is clear and concise evidence in my case the scores were made up or at least decided by someone who knew very little about me and other employees, I suspect the same in your situation.