Norwich Union Endowment-joint names

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone can provide me with some help.

My ex-partner and I split up in 2003 and we were fortunate to have two properties and two endowments/life assurances relating to them.

We agreed verbally to take one endowment each,relating to the property that we held on to,and I subsequently signed a Deed of Assignment for the policy held by my ex removing my interest.

My ex even asked me to remove her from my policy,which I duly completed a Deed of Assignment for that one,Norwich Union,but unknown to me,she didn't send it back to NU for action.

More recently,I stopped the DD's and the policy has now been stopped.Norwich Union is currently retaining the funds,pending an agreement between the ex and I.

The problem is the following:

NU is saying since both our lives are insured,we are both owners of the policy.

As such,it wants both our agreement as to how to divide the money.

My ex,bless her,is now claiming half my NU policy now she has had all of the first one.

What pains me is that NU have confirmed in writing that all payments from the start of the policy have come direct from me,yet my ex appears to have me over a barrel,simply since I took care of her when we were together................

When we split,we each took the relevant Policy document,without which we cannot surrender,and indeed continued to reside in the respective houses.

I can't find the particular email from the ex asking to be removed,although have had a very helpful one more recently,gloating how she'll either take half now,or half later.................and thanks if I keep up the payments!!

What can I do to move forward-I have emailed the ex for a year now,and she simply doesn't respond.I callled her office the other day,and she was 'suddenly' in a meeting,and have even offered her 1000 to sign out,but still no joy.

Advice,case law or input from anyone in the know at NU??!!

I can't be the first person to face a vexacious ex on an endowment problem?!!

Thanks for reading the saga !!!

Guest Aviva Support

Hi wellingtonlane

Its been a while since i dealt with an endowment, so I've contacted a colleague to see where you stand.

Beccus

Dear All,

Is there any one on this Forum who has ever had a problem with getting their Endowment cashed when in joint names??

I'm running out of time for resolving this,and haven't heard anything from NU-nothing new there !!!!!

Thanks WL

Spoke to a really nice guy at NU who told me what I kind of knew..........

The ex has me again,and not much I can do about it!!

Guess I'll have to sue here for the money-any one had success with that kind of thing !?

WL

Edited by wellingtonlane
spelling

• 5 years later...