• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welcome, not so welcomed

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone had dealings with Welcome, I wrote to them explaining I could not afford my loan at present and could only pay 100 insted of 233. The next day I had a knock from a young man asking for me from welcome I laughed at him and told him to clear off and not come to my door I shut the door on him, he rung again and my son went to the door and told him to naf off and shut the door. Ten minutes later a young lady turns up from Welcome I went mad and told her to take a jum and shut the door. I then telephone the romford branch and was put through to the branch manager who was very rude and then he said he would be coming round tomorrow, this is when I said anyone else comes to my doorr they will get a pole over their heads, his repky was I am coming now, I then told him i was calling the police, which I did and reported the incident. He did'nt come round.

Has anybody experienced such rediculous behaviour and got any advice on what to do with welcome, I telephone their head office only to be put through a recorded message saying that Welsome finance is not offering any loans at present and therefore the number is not validated???

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what!!

you really need to report this action to the OFT.

they have NO legal rights to door step call unless invited

appalling!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome are a sham! You only have to look around the forums and you'll see plenty of stories about them.

Mashmallow, unfortunately, Welcome will have charged you for the doorstep visits, so you'll need to write to their head office to complain about their behaviour and that you weren't offered any alternative, so, therefore, you want the charges removed or you'll take it further.

Just play them at their own game.

Send a copy of this to both your local office & their head office recorded delivery;

Dear XXX

In a direct response to your recent activities / letter, dated xx xxx xxxx, received at this address on xx xxx xxxx. [Delete whichever is not applicable]

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recordedeither by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Yours Faithfully

**Print your name do not sign**

:p

THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR REPLYING, THIS SURE IS A GREAT SITE, MAKESME FEEL I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS, IT IS ABOUT TIME WE ALL FOUGHT BACK AT THESE ROBBERS. I WILL WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN TONIGHT AND LET YOU ALL KNOW.

XX

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Since joining this forum it has gave me courage to fight for what is fair, all the time we people have not said anything and just suffered for the robbing b*****ds out there we all have to speak up for justice, I am 53 ans struggled all my life no more! welcome finance, and the rest of all the loan sharks that have been around all ready to give me money when they know i can't pay it back, like some said on this forum if the zookeeper gives a money a razor and the money cuts itself who's to fault the monkey or the zookeeper. I am ready for war on all these idots, they have roobed us all now its our time to staan and be counted.

If banks are struggling who are we JOE NOBODYS, I just heard on the radio today increase beneifts so people can start spending, they are taking the p**s out of us how can you spend on benefits, get a life you morans. I work and I cant spend,what are these mauupets on. DRUGS?

Mashmallow

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day everyone,

I just had a visit from Chris from Welcome, I was not rude to him but merely told him I have written to Welcome and made a offer of payment for £40.00. He then told me Welcome are doing this new scheme now where they can write off half your debt and therefore reduce monthly payments, interest etc and then he told me if I was interested, I said yes to play his game and told him that I would call him tomorrow at 10.00am, he gave me the letter and said if I call him he will drop the £25.00 charge. Seems like they are getting desperate.

Sounds interesting what do you's think, please let me know?????

Best regards,

Mashmallow

Dear Blueda,

I think I took the original loan out in 2007 and then re-loaned in 2008, I have the credit agreement for the present one not for the last one, are you thinking or smelling a rat here because thats what I thought, it seems they are indirectly admitting to some sort of much up because he mentioned that he know the interest rates are high and people are struggling?

Thanks for taking an interest, I am keen to find out what they are up to know or should I.

regards,

Mashmallow

HI,

No I am not disputing it I had the money but cannot keep up with the required payments of £232 I would not let them in but it just has me thinking why would they want to help me half the debt and pay smaller payments when I already sent them a letter and a budget sheet stating all my outgoings in incomings? How can they half the debt? dont understand?

mashmallow

Half the debt is much better for them than you not paying them at all, they could be looking at it that you have other debt and you are struggling to pay, then you will look on them as being a better option for paying as they are being nice and offering you a bargain.

Hi, are you sure he said halve the debt and not halve the payment? Welcome have been known to rewrite the agreement over a longer period of time, thus reducing the monthly payments.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Be very careful with what you may agree to, but this debt is not very old, so the agreement is probably enforcable, so on the face of it the offer seems very good.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

exactly - this seems like a good offer - and when have Welcome ever offered anything good???

My thought would be if they are offering - something is up!

If you call them tomorrow - I urge you to record it - they will say anything over the phone and without proof you will have no come back.

Be Wary!!

Andie and friends, thanks for your replies, called him just now and what he was offering is halving my debt from £5322 to £2661 if I pay up now. I told him not possible and I was struggling as it is. He tyhen mentiond a debt managment company and gave me the tel no, I said I would ring them so it seems on the face of it he was quite nice. I wonder????? I only owed about £4000 or something I did not know it had jumped to £5322 they have obviously slapped their charges on it. They must be getting pretty desperate.

Regards,

Mashmallow

• 3 weeks later...

Had a call from welcome today at work with a rep from Edinburgh. He started off quite calm until I said to him I will only deal with them in writing as 1 cannot record conversations at work. He then carried on asking me to write with an expenditure list also copy of my bank statement and payslip to agree to my offer of £20.00 per month. He then started questioning me on why did this sitution get to this stage I said because I have other debts etc. He then said well it is not there fault if people want to spend more than they earn. I said that i would rather he did not call me at work and send people round my door as it would be classed as harrassment he denied that it would be harrassment. Finally I said I would and don't have to give him my personal details just my reason for lesser payments and take me to court. I then asked him have you read what people are complaining about your bullying tactics etc. He then said Ok we will do it another way as I would not do as he asked.

What can I do about this also are they entitled to see my personal details as he said I supplied it when I took the loan out so why not know???

Regards,

Mashmallow:eek:

You Need To Get The Telephone Harrasment Letter Sent Off So All Numbers Listed Cant Be Used And Comunicate In Writing.

Asking For Personel Details

They Can Bog Off

Its Not Personel This, The Sods Are Under Pressure At The Moment As There Parent Co, Cattles Is On The Verge Of Going Under

Welcome Car Finance Is History

If Cattles Go,, So Does Welcome

Thanks

I will but they will ignore me no doubt, he more or less threatned me with

alternative ways of dealing with me because i was not co-operating with his demands, is this not harrassment. I even told him about the laws and he said it was not harrassment! the only way to deal with these clowns is to wack them one when they come round.

I even told him to take me to court - he reckoned he was trying to help me.

mashmallow

They are not entitled to have a statement of your earnings and how you spend the money - although they are very convincing.

As for phoning you at work - that is another breach of the OFT guidelines, you need to report this as soon as possible.

Any infringment of the OFT guidelines needs to be reported as they keep trying different tactics, also they might try ringing your neighbours and leaving notes through neighbours doors instead of yours 'accidentally'....

HI Sillygirl,

You are a very clever girl, I cannot believe that these companies are allowed to trade, yes I agree I have had their money but peoples lives change and the older I get none the wiser I get. When it comes to government stiching up their own people, robbing them basically and now because they are caught they put their hands up. Years back we were all fooled to be charged by the banks, loan companies, mortgage brokers etc., it is only because one person said enough is enough and thank god for that. We live and learn. Sorry if I have gone on too much but I am so pleased I have joined this site and thanks for the many people have helped me through. I will send a letter to the OFT to complain, but I don't know what letter to send them,can you help please.

Many thanks and appreciation

Mashmallow:roll: