Welcome F and F Settlement offer

aTaxiDriver64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi have been sent a letter off welcome dated 3rd Feb offering a one time only chance to clear my account with them, basicly they offered to let me pay 33% as full and final settlement which had been open till 20th March 2009,

Any way tried to haggle a bit saying couldnt really afford what they wanted, this week things have changed a bit, and rang them and said i would pay the full amout stated in the letter. and they say should be ok but would check to make sure that was tuesday, any way rang yesterday and they said they were still waiting to hear, then at 4pm gets a call and told everything was fine and could go ahead and pay them.

Then i get a call at half 8 this morning saying not to go to office to pay as there is a problem with but didnt say what it was really, something to with not knowing it was hp

just had another call to confirm i cant have the original 33% offer but best they could do is 50% just want to know how i stand legaly

thanks ataxidriver

I'm no legal expert, but if that's what they've offered, and it's in black and white, then they have no choice but to honour it.

Perhaps you should go to the CAB to find out where you stand.

Just to update, had a call off welcome re settlement figure thye will now honour the figure they sent me admitting it was a mistake and shouldn't have been offered it in the first place, so good news to me thanks all for your input my case with welcome is now closed.

now to sort out the rest of my debt problems

ataxidriver64

Hi paid welcome off just waiting for letter of confirmation, any way re charges that welcome added which amount to approx £900 could i say leave it a few months and hit them with a claim for the unlawfull charges they had added to the account, only asking because this is the sort of under hand tactics they would use lol

Thanks Ataxidriver

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just to update re settlement, still not recieved letter to confirm payment even though i have rung twice since paying welcome off, also checking experian entry it is still showing an outstanding balance of just over £4000 how often is it updated or should it have been shown as settled days after paying them?

thanks ataxidriver

Hi ataxidriver, was really chuffed for you reading your thread but am now getting concerned.

WHen you paid them, was anythign confirmed in writing that your payement was in acceptance of that offer and your credit file would be amended to show this?

I just do not trust them an inch :)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi when i payed them it was mainly cash and a postal order, i was told it would be confirmed once they had recieved cleared funds, i gave them postal order for part of it just so there was a paper trail.

not heard from them since the last call i made about 2 weeks ago, was gonna leave it till tomorrow as file was last updated 1st march so thought they may just did it monthly, but the balance had changed ie they deducted what i paid them.

tempted to ring headoffice and see what they say about the account.

I do know high up wasnt happy with the settlement hence the delay to pay them.

thanks ataxidriver

Oh yes, I would get right on to head office and demand to know what is happening....jsut for peace of mind as the longer it is left, the more chance their memories 'fade' ;)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Hi well just spoken to welcome again, and was told that account is settled they had informed experian and apparently mistake lies with experian, says they will contact them to get it amended, as far as welcome is concerned account is closed, and will send confirmation letter again.

Re default would welcome have to send a valid default notice to be able to put it on your CRA entry.

thanks ataxidriver

Phew, as long as they hold up their end!

You are right about the default notice, they would have to send you a valid one, with all the correct info on it......wouldn't have stopped them from just going ahead and doing it though. ;)

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Dipply75

Well rang welcome up last week re letter of clearance and CRA entry and a week later still nothing, CRA file still shows an outstanding balance even though welcome say i dont owe anything, i rang a different number and was still put through to the original person who was dealing with this.

Is the next step to contact experian and dispute it, and let them contact welcome?

Well i have contacted experian regarding welcomes CRA entry as it still shows an outstanding balance and explained to them what has happened with this account, ie been settled but not showing that, will keep ya posted as to what happens with it now.

ataxidriver64

hmmmm I hope this is not typical Welcome - take your money and still chase you months down the line.

I wonder if a LBA to Welcome might shake the tree a little.

Write to them saying they have 7 days (and give them a date deadline just like they SHOULD do in their default letters) to send you a receipt confirmin the account is settled and closed and that the account is settled on your credit report - failure to do this will result in small claims action

I will wait and see what comes back with experian, they seemed concerned about it if no joy i will do that.

I like many on here dont trust welcome and could believe they would try and chase for the money at a later date.

cheers ataxidriver64

Right update re unwelcome CRA entry, it is now showing account as Satisfied with another entry of Partial Settlement but still have a default so i suppose that doesnt really matter it can go with the other 4 i have, i do intend to sort something out with the other defaulted accounts but would be looking at going for a partial settlement figure to clear them once i know where i stand with them, i now have a 4 year plan which would also see the remaining defaults disappearing off my file.

ataxidriver

Right update re unwelcome CRA entry, it is now showing account as Satisfied with another entry of Partial Settlement but still have a default so i suppose that doesnt really matter it can go with the other 4 i have, i do intend to sort something out with the other defaulted accounts but would be looking at going for a partial settlement figure to clear them once i know where i stand with them, i now have a 4 year plan which would also see the remaining defaults disappearing off my file.

ataxidriver

Hi TaxiDriver,

Well done in getting the reduced offer and getting rid of Welcome! Its not surprising they drag heels when it comes to paperwork (bunch of twits!)

If you have not received your settled letter then I would chase this. Do everything in writting. Keep a nice record.

I am in the process of having a default removed from my file on the basis of charges with RBS. In any event you could chase Welcome for the charges they levied against you and earned interest.

Same process as the bank charges case. Ask them to justify £10 for a phone call etc. Worth a shot and Ive had a settlement with just one letter from another bank.

Anyhow I envy you in getting rid of Welcome.

Stewie

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.