AOL- ongoing bill after cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - newbie here :oops:

I have just come home to a debt collection letter regarding an account i had with AOL.

I was with them for years and then the service deteriorated - i was ringing for technical help about 4 times a week. In the end i cancelled the service and went with Virgin.

I have been with Virgin for over 6 months.

I phoned AOL who say i never cancelled the broadband and so i now owe them £172.37 :evil: I did not even get a bill from AOL until this demand.

Anyone any ideas please?

I really do not have the money to pay for services not used.

Help more than appreciated.

x

There are a lot of these and at the risk of illegally slagging them off, I believe they wait a period long enough for 'ex' customers to have ditched their bills etc; and then chase them for non existant missed payments etc;

If you cancelled by phone then ask them for everything they have on you (sar) including phone transcripts and see what comes.

I would also say that you joining Virgin is proof you no longer use them as why would anyone continue to use a cheap nasty service alongside a much superior service.

For those with a differing view, I wasn't talking about call centers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Surely if you switched broadband to Virgin, AOL must have issued a MAC code. Are they saying they didn't give you this and you never cancelled, in which case how are Vigin now able to supply you with an internet connection.

Good point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Surely if you switched broadband to Virgin, AOL must have issued a MAC code. Are they saying they didn't give you this and you never cancelled, in which case how are Vigin now able to supply you with an internet connection.

Via Virgin cable - which doesn't need a MAC - perhaps