shikyra

Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd old egg debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2789 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading debt collectionlink3.gif Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

This letter sounds Harsh considering i Know the Debt's mine and i'm willing to pay but i understand that they have to prove it..

This letter sounds Harsh
Treat 'em rough & tell them nowt! ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I am afraid you have to be harsh or they will screw you for money they are not entitled to.

having been in dispute with dlc since january 09 and still waiting for them to produce my cca and having hillesden send me the "we will contact you in 21 days" letters. now its mdb i have had the first two letters " we are managing this account on behalf of dlc" and "we are disappointed you have not contacted us" now the final settlement with 50 per cent reduction offer, I will be ignoring this one aswell.

Hillesden/DLC and MDB are one and the same and you are right to completely ignore them. Tony Locke will send letter after letter but more fool him for wasting their money.

now its mdb i have had the first two letters " we are managing this account on behalf of dlc" and "we are disappointed you have not contacted us" now the final settlement with 50 per cent reduction offer, I will be ignoring this one aswell.

I Recieved same letter from MDB. I Sent them a Prove it letter :D

No thankfully i haven't heard anything since June last year, Calm before the storm maybe

This is a [problem] !!!!! Do not ring them and do NOT give your details !!!

I just spoke to Santander that holds my car finance and they said it was a [problem] ! They adviced me to fax this info thrue to them and then contact the police !

???????

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

No thankfully i haven't heard anything since June last year, Calm before the storm maybe

what else did you expect?

as soon as anyone offers a 'discount'

ti means they are getting despartate to get any money before you realise they are spoofing you

always check your cra file

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

having been in dispute with dlc since january 09 and still waiting for them to produce my cca and having hillesden send me the "we will contact you in 21 days" letters. now its mdb i have had the first two letters " we are managing this account on behalf of dlc" and "we are disappointed you have not contacted us" now the final settlement with 50 per cent reduction offer, I will be ignoring this one aswell.

I found this thread useful as I am in the same situation - just received second letter from MDB!

It really helped the fact that they are sending the headed paper as MBD - totaly different postal address and using DLC printed envelopes!

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120