Thames Credit/Response credit management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm new here. Hope I've posted in the correct thread.

Ten years ago I moved house. Last year I had a letter from Thames Credit inviting me to phone them to discuss the reference number they had quoted. I did't.

Last week I had a demand letter from Response Credit acting for Activ Kapital (GE Capital) demanding an outstanding balance.

I discovered a ccj on my credit report 6 years ago that would have been taken off in 2006. Have just checked report again and there is nothing adverse on it.

Could somebody advise me what action to take please?

Thank you cerberusalert. They have given me 14 days to contact them and pay up. I really don't know if there has been a ccj for this "dept" and it has been 10 years since I moved. I am a little worried to say the least. Would they send a bailiff around after 14 days? Isn't there anything I should do now?

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I've had a letter today from Response:-

Unless I call them to arrange payment they have no alternative but to refer my account to a doorstep collections agency.

Refer my account to a solicitors to progress via litigation.

They tell me I must contact them now to make payment and avoid further action against me.

I took cerberusalert's advice and waited to see what would happen next.

As I have said before - I've lived here for 10 years and am debt free. I'm really angry that these people are writing to me.

Will sending letter 'M' put an end to their threats?

I hope someone can advise me please.

Update

I've had a letter today from Response:-

Unless I call them to arrange payment they have no alternative but to refer my account to a doorstep collections agency.

Refer my account to a solicitors to progress via litigation.

They tell me I must contact them now to make payment and avoid further action against me.

I took cerberusalert's advice and waited to see what would happen next.

As I have said before - I've lived here for 10 years and am debt free. I'm really angry that these people are writing to me.

Will sending letter 'M' put an end to their threats?

I hope someone can advise me please.

Also remember that these cretins have 'NO' legal powers at all. Write back inviting them round and then tell him to pi$$ off.

Or better still, ring them up, tell them yes you owed the money, but theres nothing they can do as It's Stat barred.

Or just send the Stat Barred letter :p

JOgs