Friend in trouble with United Utilities & DCA

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

a friend of mine has asked me what can be done to get himself out of a problem he has.

He lived in a property until 11th November 2006 when he was evicted. He left the property but never informed United Utilities that he had left (he put it down to as he had been kicked out that the housing company would sort everything). He recently recieved a letter from a DCA (Advantis Credit maybe?) demanding £73.40 for water used between November 2006 - 16 April 2007. Obviously he is a little shocked at to why they would be charging him when he wasnt in the house but I have a feeling he would be liable as he did not inform United Utilities of his departure from the property.

Any help on this matter would greatly be appreciated

Sploits :-)

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Send the prove it letter. PRINT do not sign and send recorded delivery.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference no: 00000000000

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks clemma,

will sort the letter out for him and tell him to get it sent out straight away.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted :D

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p