lazer gun training

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think i may have been caught speeding today by road side police using a hand held speed camera,very strange but their was three of them all standing at the roadside,it looked as though some were possibly on a kind of training session for the device and one was overlooking,if i was caught would i be able to ask who and when or if they were fully trained as to the use of such a device.

also if i was caught how long before they have to legally notify me of this

offence? cheers.

any thou:mad:ghts.

i think i may have been caught speeding today by road side police using a hand held speed camera,very strange but their was three of them all standing at the roadside,it looked as though some were possibly on a kind of training session for the device and one was overlooking,if i was caught would i be able to ask who and when or if they were fully trained as to the use of such a device.

also if i was caught how long before they have to legally notify me of this

offence? cheers.

any thou:mad:ghts.

1) It's LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation), not LAZER,

2) It won't be a hand-held camera, it is a detection device, not a recording device

3) The fact that it might have been a training sdession is irrelevant as to whether you can be prosecuted.

4) You would be entitled to see training certificates, etc. once you have pleaded not guilty at Court. You can ask, and might receive, these prior to a court hearing, but there is no entitlement.

5) They have 14 days to send a NIP to the registered keeper.

At a court case I was involved in last year, the civilian officer gave his evidence including a bit about how he was "fully trained" on the use of the hand-held LTI 20-20 Ultralite.

Upon cross-examination, it turned out that the training consisted of watching a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation, with a short written test afterwards.

1) It's LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation), not LAZER,

2) It won't be a hand-held camera, it is a detection device, not a recording device

3) The fact that it might have been a training sdession is irrelevant as to whether you can be prosecuted.

4) You would be entitled to see training certificates, etc. once you have pleaded not guilty at Court. You can ask, and might receive, these prior to a court hearing, but there is no entitlement.

5) They have 14 days to send a NIP to the registered keeper.

in paragraph 3) is that session with or without the d ??.

You will also be entitled to see the certificate confirming the gun has been tested & calibrated satisfactorily before each days use

Also the 14 days assumes your current address is that registered with the DVLA &. if not then longer will be allowed

I like the way you got him back. Who cares if it's LAZER or LASER, you know what it means anyway. Nice one :-)

we appreciate all cagers help but we are not all idjiuts !!! thats with no o.

Edited by themagcian