National Clamps- FPN received !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been looking at the forum on here and thought I would post this as I believe I do not have to pay the Fixed Penalty Notice.

I parked in a well known local shopping centre carpark, I purchased a pay and display ticket, and on return to my car, had been issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice ticket from National Clamps. This is because I parked in error in a Parent & Child space.........I did not realise this was the case and feel that the ticket cost(£80) is somewhat extortionate and unfair...

I have attached the ticket for anyone to have a look at.......

Does anyone agree?..........

I was going to write to them initially explaining this, but after reading the forum on here I think admitting to anything may onyl "drop" myself in it. Would anyone suggest I just ignore this as they are a private company.

Any help much appreciated.

:|:(:(:(

Parking Ticket.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys here are right! They are claiming liquidated damages - how on earth have you cost them or the landowner £80 quid. It's a load of nonsense. Also, the wording is hilarious - reads like something a bad lawyer would right when he was p****d. If you really want to give away £80 throw it in Oxfam's direction, at leat you will have satisfaction that it is going to those less fortunate rather than a profit munching business.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Yes, I suspect that the landowner is so distressed that he's been crying ever since lol Mind you, with a name like National Clamps you were lucky that it was not an old Chicago boot otherwise you would have had to pay angle grinding costs as well. Just disregard, this one wont go anywhere near court.

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Failure to address this situation can only end with a registered debt collection agent.

I've tried 3 times to understand what this means, it's English but the words just don't have any meaning.

I think they're trying to say if you do nothing, there's nothing they can do apart from ask you for the money again: it ends there.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Yes, I see it at uni a lot - the classic example of people using words they don't understand. I support your opinion Zamzara. I believe they are saying if you don't cough up we will pass it to the desk across the office who will write to you under a different trading name.

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Rubbish from start to finish. FPN-its not from the Police. Distress? Dont get me started on that bit....

Quote:

Failure to address this situation can only end with a registered debt collection agent.

Zamzara-same here,- what utter nonsense from NC.

Please do report this however

• 2 weeks later...

well, i just ignored the 1st ticket...and now received this letter, what do you think? should i still ignore? it does worry me a tad ...

2nd parking letter.pdf

Hello there,

I have reviewed the correspondence you have posted and can advise you that you must absolutely carry on ignoring it. I would like to specifically draw your attention to the inclusion of balliffs fees in the invoice - this is complete and utter tosh. A balliff would only become involved if National Clamps took you to court and won (which is very unlikely in itself) and then you refused to pay after the terms had expired (usually 28 days). Also for your information, the DVLA charge £2.50 for the release of your information so £40 is madness.

If this letter was addressed to me I would be 110% confident in disregarding. That said please keep it safe.

All the best

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I'd reply telling them that when they stated they had issued you with a FPN it caused you distress and you are now entitled to liquidated damages from them of £160, so if they send you £80 you are even

Mossy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All again, I received this yesterday, this is now the 3rd letter from them.. its is similiar to the 2nd one.

Any views on this, I live with my Dad and he is getting a bit worried now that the bailiff's are going to knock !!

many thanks for all your comments

:|:confused:

3rd parking Ticket.pdf

Hello All again, I received this yesterday, this is now the 3rd letter from them.. its is similiar to the 2nd one.

Any views on this, I live with my Dad and he is getting a bit worried now that the bailiff's are going to knock !!

Keep on ignoring them.

Bailiffs would only ever come calling if, and this is a very big if, they issued court proceedings against you, and then won in front of a judge, and then you refused, or were unable, to pay. Three things, in other words, that are unlikely to happen.

What might happen is that the tone of the letters will change, or they might appear to be coming from a debt collection agency (most likely another desk in the National Clamps office), saying things such as "credit score" and "CCJ".

You should ignore those too.

The only time you need to show even a tiny bit of concern is if you receive correctly stamped court papers, detailing a claim against you. And then everyone here would be all over it like clampers on a hearse.

"We now find ourselves"

What? They don't enjoy self-determination, and their actions are dictated by some ethereal force?

"Selling this debt to licensed bailiffs"

Who can't seek any payment without a court order.

"By law, you have 7 days to make your payment."

I wonder which law that would be then?

"National Clamps is NOT responsible for the actions of their subcontractors."

On the contrary, I would suggest that they have an agency relationship, and at least share responsibility.

My God. What an odd bit of paperwork.

"We Care" - are you having a laugh???

"Early bird discount" - what is this, Little Chef??

"Cost for DVLA, invoice production, correspondence £40" - I don't recall you ordering any of these things! (not to mention it costs them £2.50 for DVLA details, which is some markup).

"The situation has become very serious...leniancy and tolerance" - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

"Selling the debt to licenced bailiffs" - an impossibility. They mean debt collectors.

The only time you need to show even a tiny bit of concern is if you receive correctly stamped court papers, detailing a claim against you.

No chance. They're 'selling the debt' (what debt?) to another party. The actions of someone who doesn't want to go to court.

It won't happen. Debt collectors are merely private companies with no powers at all. Do not confuse them with bailiffs. Nobody will be knocking on your door.

I hope your dad can see through this laughable bit of junk. It made me chuckle.

Continue to ignore. Do not contact them.

Keep up the ignoring bit - All the advice you have received is good.

Please be assured these people are bottom feeders and rely upon people's ignorance.

If you respond you will have fallen for their ploys.

Be strong and tell Dad not to worry, They will go away.

Take a look at Cheekiness to a DCA thread. This will put a smile on your face as well as some tips on dealing with DCA's.

Should this get passed to DCA monkeys, do not get drawn into talking with them at all, as they will again try to weigh on you. Just hang up on them.

:D;)

All the above advice is very true and valid. The use of language used in the letters you have recieved is truly terrible. As noted by the above posters,- the wording is designed to scare, is very innaccurate and misleading. TFT and a few of the others have noted the DVLA charge being excessive- thats very much true. It costs them £3 at most for RK details-£40 is vastly inproportionate. Also the £250 baliffs fee part-again designed to intimidate you into paying. Again, as noted above, a bailiff will only enter the frame if you are taken to court, lose and then do not pay (not that this will get to court).

At the end of the day this is all designed for those who are uneducated and believe what is being presented to them. Another 2 letters and i think that will be it for you. :)Please do report this however.

wow i am in same boat.. starting ..

i got a sticker, PCN, yellow, was parked in a disabled space at an empty college car park

thewheelclampingcompany.co.uk

says its 70, or 40 if paid within 14 days - there head quarters is also in preston!

if you have received the 2nd and 3rd letters, surely isnt this a sign that they HAVE paid DVLA (watever cost) to gain your address details? - surely that alone is not a good thing, to be able to contact you

im in a slightly different boat, they have ticketed me, but my car is german with german registration plates, where do i stand

wow i am in same boat.. starting ..

i got a sticker, PCN, yellow, was parked in a disabled space at an empty college car park

thewheelclampingcompany.c o.uk

says its 70, or 40 if paid within 14 days - there head quarters is also in preston!

if you have received the 2nd and 3rd letters, surely isnt this a sign that they HAVE paid DVLA (watever cost) to gain your address details? - surely that alone is not a good thing, to be able to contact you

im in a slightly different boat, they have ticketed me, but my car is german with german registration plates, where do i stand

It's an enforceable invoice. You don't have to pay whether you live in Britain or Swaziland.

Ignore it. You won't get any follow up junk letters anyway. They don't know where you live.