comet time card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can any one help me as this has been ongoing for the last 5 years. i went to purchase a fridge freezer microwave and new cooker from comet and this time card was mentioned, as i knew i was getting some money back in about 3 months time i thought it would be a good idea to do it how the sales person said. i remember the conversation was yes you can pay it back when you get you monety as long as it is in the first year as the first year is interest free. unbenown to me when i had the first statement within 6 weeks it was from ge capital (had so many [probs with this company). after many phonecalls trying to get the total to pay off and no one helpinh me. no more statements were being sent i paid off what i thought i owed. I paid well over 500.00 and thought i would prob be in credit. unbenown to me they had put alot of late payments on there as i was a day out here and there on the first payments. anyway 2 years down the line i am sent a debtors letter saying i had to pay over 700.00 in interest. i have said to them that i paid the amount off within the first year and it was interest free if paid off. they told me that there was still an amount of about 47.00 outstanding, I said i had asked for my statements and they told me they did not have to send statements. so the 500.00 paid was all 24 monthly payments of which they tookl out of the 500.00 i put down. once that had been used then i had to carry on paying off the interest. cant quite work that one out.

Is this right? can any one help me. i no it is a bit long winded. who is at fault here cos at the moment i am paying interest and not the goods. 737.98 in interest!!!

yeh thanks for that but wot diff would that make . i do have statements showing wot they should owe me but it the interest that i dispute as i was originally told it was interest free in the first year (comet salesman) the finance company say nothing of the sort. they also state they do not have to issue statements every month, they actually say when something has gone on ( but then they are at fault any way cos when i did put down a payment thinking i was clearing it off i still never had any statements. do you think i got a case?