Do i pay a parking fine?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning i parked in supermarket car park and went to get change for ticket machine. Supermarket was busy and only 2 check outs open. When i came out with change i discovered a parking ticket on wind screen saying i had failed to display valid ticket. They said my vehicle was first noticed at 08:59 and ticket issued at 09:06. I only pulled into car park at 08:58 after dropping son off at school. They only gave me 7 minutes in which to get change and this supermarket is notorious for having long queues and minimum staff. Should i appeal against ticket? I was so annoyed i went into next town and got shopping at super market with free parking. Any advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated

I'd try writing to the supermarket Manager. Be polite and nice 'this is my favourite place to shop' and all that. State it's unfair to be penalised for being a loyal customer.

Get the supermarket on your side.

Never known a Supermarket charge for parking (not in Devon anyway). I wouldn't go to one that did.. they make far too much money as it is.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

I'd try writing to the supermarket Manager. Be polite and nice 'this is my favourite place to shop' and all that. State it's unfair to be penalised for being a loyal customer.

Get the supermarket on your side.

Never known a Supermarket charge for parking (not in Devon anyway). I wouldn't go to one that did.. they make far too much money as it is.

It appears to be a Council ticket, so all of the above will be a waste of time.

We will have to hope that there is an error in their PCN/TRO/signage as there is no allowance given in DPE to obtain change for a ticket machine.

I know, it is a rare occurence; however, the ASDA car park where my folks live is council. I think it is very unfair because the general populous assume supermarket car parks to be free and therefore don't pay.

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hopefully you still have the ticket and the reciept for you shopping you bought for which you can send the council a copy to use for appeal.... which will have the time on?

I'm not aware of any supermarket car parks in Wakefield that charge..... unless you parked in town and walked into the back of the Ridings Shopping Centre?