Bradders v Barclays

Braders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I started action against Barclays, unfortunately before I came across this site.

The strict procedure that is highly recommended here because it clearly works looks great. I love everyone's positivity on this site it feels me with warmth and like many others i'll be making a donation 'when' I win.

If somebody wouldn't mind, please may I have feedback on what I did yesterday....

I strolled into my local Ashbourne branch to request the name of the person to make my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to. I was first told by Nic Woolley, (the manager) that each monthly statement would cost me £5 so therefore I'd have to pay £360 for 6years of statements. When I told her that I was certain that under the 1998 Act there was a maximum fee she then began to question me on whether I file my statements and that it was my responsibility to keep them.

Obviously I told her I wouldn't be paying this so she launched 'a Level2 complaint' on her computer system. On leaving, she told me she would be interesting in hearing how I get in with reclaiming my charges and If successful she would do the same to recover some of her own......A branch manager, with charges?

Unfortunately I have no evidence of this.

Anyway 3hours later I received a phone call saying that my 6years of statements will arrive tomorrow.

I have decided that from now on I shall initiate no more conversations and all correspondance will be done in writing.

I'm quite excited about this

I'm willing to bet they don't arrive but you can wait a few days just in case then follow the prceedure on this forum :)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

well, i wish there was some money on it as all 44 pages arrived the following day just like they said.

so thats cool, I managed the SAR bit in just 3days at no cost. Advice to others would be to walk into your local branch, speak to a person at reception and sit there while they make a 'level 2 complaint' on their computer system. I guess most branches aren't as quiet as mine