CCCS and CCA should I?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just entered into a DMP with the CCCS for CC Debts is now a good time to send off CCA's to all the CC Companies or will it cause them to not accept the CCCS give them. Or maybe once agreed they may cancel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several reponses from my creditors mostly credit cards saying they are not prepared to accept our offer of payment via the CCCS and they will be putting a default on the account & intend to pass the debt to a debt collection office. They will accpet any payments without predjudice but I should make an increased offer. I have started to get calls particularly from Lloyds TSB my biggest debt is with them and GE Money.

I have got the letters typed and ready to go for CCA's 10 in total. Is this the right time to send them off. Please help.

Hi Varda,

I'm no expert but if i were you i would continue to make your payments of whatever you can afford.

Don't worry about them asking for more, as they can't have what you haven't got.

Then CCA all the companies and sit back and wait and see what they produce.

If after 12+2 days they haven't supplied you with a valid CCA you are entitled to withhold payment, until such times that they do (most probably won't tho ;))

It's really up to you whether you continue with the CCCS to distribute your payments. I have read on here that they don't like people stopping payments due to no CCA.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can offer some advice for you soon.

Livis xx

I wasn't really thinking about stopping the payments via the CCCS I just wanted to stop them enforcing the debt through the court. I am happy to pay what we can realistically afford.

Ive been on a DMP with the CCCS since May last year, the only one who has not accepted the payment (although they took the monthly payments from CCCS) was GE Money. They have now sold the debt to Link Financial who are real plonkers. Anyway I would still send the letters off. I did not get replies to all my letters but all the other Creditors has not made any threats. Some have stopped the interest. Link Financial have send me courts papers and I have sent the court papers back I have no intention of letting them get away with anything least of all the money I dont have. Send your letters off and request CCAs as Livis said what you havent got they cant have. Beware of Link Financial (if GE sell the debt to them) they will try every trick in the book.:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for the advice folks I will get the postal orders and send the 10 requests off tomorrow. Unfortunatley I have more than one with G E Money who seem to have a very bad reputation, they tend to have most of the store cards with them. I also have the biggest percentage of debt with Lloyds TSB and I understand they are one of the worst also.

Hi Varda

Just wondered how your getting on with letters etc.

You can read my thread at Link Financial - GE Money (just go onto search on the tool bar at the top and type in the link) just in case you want a read I know my case is just a bit different to yours but it will give you insight into anything you may need to know in the future. This forum is brilliant for giving advice. I've been learning a lot by looking at the debt collection industry.:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation