• Tweets

• Hi Lolerz Thanks for replying to me, yes I've been ignoring her & will continue to do so. All she keeps saying is they want to come up with an amicable settlement. Keeps saying this to our receptionist she shouldn't be saying this to a receptionist or even me in the first place as they have given no proof of anything no IP addresses noting just keeps saying about an amicable settlement.
    • If a DCA supplies a reconstituted copy of the CCA what would be the next step? It seems that a reconstituted copy must be a " true copy " of the executed agreement, it must contain the Prescribed Terms. But given that there is no copy of the applicants signature surely it could be an agreement form with the details filled in. How can it be assumed that this " copy " represents a true copy that the claimant has supposed to have signed. Cabot have demonstrated a bit of sabre rattling when they say "Until we're able to provide this information , your account is unenforceable. This means we're not permitted to obtain a County Court judgement against you . Whilst we cannot pursue legal action, your balance remains outstanding ". I looked up a case... Cabot UK Ltd  v  Bachellier (2010) which might help, but it's tough reading, I'd prefer to plough through War and Peace. This particular case with Cabot is not huge , approx' £140, but the only other worry that I have is also with Cabot...£2100. They may try to make a point with lesser case.
    • you'll never find a court open on a w/end MB. all courts are closed Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday. However as Andy points out, that does NOT mean you get 2 extra days to file, you get one, same as xmas/new Year. UKPC have not filed their, so no rush on yours as dave says.  
    • Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed some of the worst tendencies in British politics”. “The only way to think about it is as a psychodrama enacted, for the most part, by a small group of middle-aged men who went to élite private schools, studied at the University of Oxford, and have been climbing and chucking one another off the ladder of British public life" Top US magazine slams Britain after 14 years of Tory ‘psychodrama’ WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The New Yorker’s excoriating report on the state of the UK lays bare how Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) “catalysed...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mbna

Capricorn1601
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The "true" copy is recreated and contains what was in the original thus satisfying sec 78.

Thanks Paul I agree with you, but do you agree that while satisfying s78, if the application form and prescribed terms were separate and not referred to, it wouldnt be enforceable in court?

BF

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Basil.

Yes I remember our accounts were sold onto EC at the same time. I'll take a look at you thread.

What do you make of the recent correspondence?

Caps

Dont understand it, especially after MBNA sent me exactly the same ''reconstruction'' and said it didnt comply!

BF

Thanks Dicky

I've been looking them up on another thread. I noticed that down the side of the letter was a reference. THis apparently idicates that this is in fact not from HL Legal but Experto themselves trying to put the frighteners on.

I think I will send them the same letter I sent EC recently, which basically tells them the account is still in dispute with MBNA and to refer to my letter of 13th Jan (unlawful rescind_

Caps

That would be H.L. debt letters for sale @ 75p per letter, did you respond to H.L. direct as letter would tell you not to but reply to Experto only, to cost H.L. monies (Postage) etc send any reply to them, after that you probably would of found MBNA contacting you saying what they sent is legal documents (NOT).

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Well its been bliss for month, with nothing from Experto or CMC. That is until today. Just got one of their mailers "Reduce your Balance by up to 60% Today" demanding I respond before 30 June (month end deadline for accounting purposes). Anyone else got one?

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

They are probably a bit short on the holiday money:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi all

Well its been bliss for month, with nothing from Experto or CMC. That is until today. Just got one of their mailers "Reduce your Balance by up to 60% Today" demanding I respond before 30 June (month end deadline for accounting purposes). Anyone else got one?

O..H. offered 50% to-day, ( next 60%? )

Not long I guess given that noone other than the fat cat bankers has any real money these days.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

had a few of these offers a while back...............to be fair where once upon a time i was fighting fires on about 7 different fronts and responding to letters every other day i now find that just putting forward my case with a cant afford to pay so wont pay attitude seems to be working a treat.I have some cca's that are invalid,some that quite possibly may sneak past a misguided judge and a proficient lawyer but when i pointed out that they'd be better off bankrupting me as even if they do win i'm in no position to pay they just backed off. Restons were the most difficult but when they decided it wasnt worth pursuing i knew i was really onto something.But i'm not bluffing,i really dont have anything to give them.

O..H. offered 50% to-day, ( next 60%? )

And still these idiots keep ringing it seems, when will they look at correspondence and see no CCA from MBNA only some jumped up copy produced eventually(after 1 year of waiting) showing a signature O.Hs on a application form of theirs ,no siggy area for them, (made up ) as a previous letter from them clearly states what we know was : That the alledged debt was purchased by them from another source & they have requested a copy of CCA from them (actual card was a type Reward card sent to activate, only after that you would relise it is an actual credit card, all the result of a telephone call from some call centre offering holiday rewards) .??

• 4 weeks later...

Another letter from CMC

"Last Opportunity Choose How much Discount You Get" ..... Your first payment must be made on or before 31st Jul 2011....... Please note that no further discount offers wil be made. Continued non-payment of your account is likely to result in legal action being taken against you.

Caps

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

Another letter from CMC

"Last Opportunity Choose How much Discount You Get" ..... Your first payment must be made on or before 31st Jul 2011....... Please note that no further discount offers wil be made. Continued non-payment of your account is likely to result in legal action being taken against you.

Caps

CMC = Experto Credite - same letter received from, Experto the usual 50% for GBP50 30% for GBP30 GBP20 for 20% every way if you did it they are well in pocket, next 60% by 30th August????

Edited by Old Cogger

• 3 months later...

HI all

All been quiet on the western front until today. Letter from Fairfax Solicitor

Our Client Experto Credite Litd

We are solicitors instructed by our clinet Experto Credite Limited, to obtain immediate repayment of the amout of £xxxxxxx or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay.

You must make an immediate payment of £xxxxxxxx or telephone us today on 0113 xxxxx to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter. Payment methods are provided on the reverse of this letter.

Please note that if the payment is not received by xxxxxxx, we have authorty to commence legal proceedings through the court. If this action becomes necessary, there will be costs incurred for which you may become liable.

Please do not underestimate the seriousnes of this matter. It is important that you make payment or contact us as a matter of urgency.

Can anyone advise please???? :(

Caps

That's a very good question, some on here would advise to respond, others would ignore as it's the usual empty threat letter.

The decision is yours to make, unless anyone has any other suggestions or had experience of these people.

I personally would wait to see if they send anything like a LBA but, as I say it is really your choice.

Is it an LBA?

My first instinct was oh hell they are a local company and its for real.

My second was this is a standard threat letter. However, no May or mights, so slightly concerned. I cant find anything much on Fairfax and their operating tactics

Caps

Hi Griffin

I have only had one lba and it was quite clear that a claim would follow, it specifically said action WOULD be taken, not if, may or can and gave 14 (I think) days to respond. They should comply with Pre-action protocol, otherwise they could be scuppered!

This letter doesn't state 'Notice of Legal Proceedings', it says they have the authority to commence legal proceedings through court, IF this action becomes necessary, there will be costs etc.

It is that time of year when there is a flurry of threat letters, however it is up to Capricorn to decide.

If the OC hasn't complied with a S.78 request then AFAIK the debt remains in dispute and legal action cannot be taken (although there have been recent instances of judges accepting recons).

They rely on people not knowing their rights and getting default judgements without a defence being put in.

.I will have a search on here for info on Fairfax to see how others have dealt with them,

Edited by Dotty50

thanks Dotty

I MAY just send them my standard letter then just to cover my back. I'm thinking its another threat and nothing too much to worry about then.

Caps