Received Fine now being chased for payment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in May 08 I decided to get myself fined £200! I won't go into too much detail as its something I am not very happy about, but that's another story.

Anyway, I paid the fine, the cheques were never cashed and the next thing I know I have them chasing for payment and then adding a further £100 on top of what was already owed.

Anyway, I agreed a payment plan of £50 per month and then after 2 months have reduced it to £25.

Today I received a standard printed letter asking for the balance of £75 and they are threatening with further court action, bailiffs etc., attachment of earnings etc., etc.,

Now I have just paid £25 recently so they are chasing the true balance, however, I have agreed a £25 monthly payment plan so am a bit worried as to why they have sent this.

Is there a letter I can send these guys please? I will be enclosing a further £25 with the letter which would then leave the balance at £50, thanks

CapQuest Stat Demand ~ WON :D

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Capital One Charges & Default Removal ~ ongoing

Back in May 08 I decided to get myself fined £200! I won't go into too much detail as its something I am not very happy about, but that's another story.

Anyway, I paid the fine, the cheques were never cashed and the next thing I know I have them chasing for payment and then adding a further £100 on top of what was already owed.

Anyway, I agreed a payment plan of £50 per month and then after 2 months have reduced it to £25.

Today I received a standard printed letter asking for the balance of £75 and they are threatening with further court action, bailiffs etc., attachment of earnings etc., etc.,

Now I have just paid £25 recently so they are chasing the true balance, however, I have agreed a £25 monthly payment plan so am a bit worried as to why they have sent this.

Is there a letter I can send these guys please? I will be enclosing a further £25 with the letter which would then leave the balance at £50, thanks

Sorry Looby, without a bit more detail we can't really comment. What was the fine issued for. Was it issued by a court or was it a penalty charge.

Are you being persued by bailiffs?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I was stopped by the Police and issued an on the spot fine, had 30 days to pay.

Paid the cheque, payment never cashed, then received chasers etc. the rest of the story is detailed above.

The letter has come from Avon & Somerset Accounts Dept, Called "Further Steps Notice".

Its a tick box letter with "one or more steps will be taken against you", with various things issue a warrant, register of a judgement, make an attachment of earnings, clamping order.

Now I have a £25 a monthly payment agreement with them.

It does say at the bottom that I have 10 days to make an appeal and I guess my grounds for appeal are the fact that I have a payment plan?

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Were issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice?

Normally if you don't pay these it is followed up with a summons to the magistrates court.

How did you send the cheque. Did you send it by post and can you prove that you did?

If you have proof of posting then the problem is theirs. Under postal legislation then the cheque became their property the moment you posted it. If they have chosen not to cash it or have lost it then that is their lookout.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cheque for £25 was recently paid and I was planning on sending a further payment this week as I get paid.

I didnt receieve a summons because I had a payment arrangement.