Job offer changed after signing contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed a contract to start next monday and today was told they didnt need me til start of May.

Can I claim anything from them? I have handed in my notice with current employer and they will not let me stay 2 months longer.

There is a 1 month notice in the contract, should they atleast pay me that and make me redundant before I officially start.

The downturn is being used as the excuse and they have recently paid off 60 staff and gone to a 4 day week.

I am in Scotland if that makes a difference.

thanks

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I signed a contract to start next monday and today was told they didnt need me til start of May.

Can I claim anything from them? I have handed in my notice with current employer and they will not let me stay 2 months longer.

There is a 1 month notice in the contract, should they atleast pay me that and make me redundant before I officially start.

The downturn is being used as the excuse and they have recently paid off 60 staff and gone to a 4 day week.

I am in Scotland if that makes a difference.

thanks

They may be in breach of contract and you may be able to claim compensation for loss of office/breach of contract, it really depends on how the contract was worded and constructed. Did you give up a job to join them? Was there any provision in the contract for a delayed start or provision for changes to the starting date?

You may need to seek an experienced employment lawyer.