• Tweets

• FINAL UPDATE.  I have not posted as the defence were reading the thread.  An agreement was reached on the day of the hearing.   I am unable to go into detail but for those in this position the forum has been priceless support and advice so thank you all in the site team.   for those going through this, follow the process, ignore intimidating tactics and threats and get to the Judge.  They are very supporting of those self representing.   I note her name has gone from the heading of the thread.  Was this them ?  Thanks again.  
    • I'm not sure what the "appeal" system asked but he said he definitely didn't indicate he was the driver so I'm just going to have to take his word for it. Honestly, I don't think the hirer will contact them. I think my brother will tolerate it. I did have a similar experience with another company 6-7 years ago and sought advice on here then to which you guys told me to ignore, I got the exact same DRP letters and then a "Gladstones Solicitor" letter.  After that nothing happened and it died away. Based on my experience with that I assumed the same would happen here but only asked to see if perhaps anything had changed since then.    Hopefully it doesn't get to court but if it did, I feel like we have enough evidence to sway a judge who probably hates dealing with this type of nonsense anyway. Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 
    • Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear. Let's see what the photos turn up.
    • Meter certification periods re given in The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998, Schedule 4. From there you can check if they are correct about your specific meter .. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1566/schedule/4 If they're telling porkies then you have e clear grounds to tell them to take  hike. If they're correct or if you haven't been able to confirm then you have  few options. You could just keep fobbing them off. In general Octopus can't keep up with demand for smart meters. It took 9 months to get our. So they may not push too hard. Or ask if you can install your own choice of meter. The Electricity Act 1989 cover this in Schedule 7 (2) and (2A) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/schedule/7 Or fight the them and their enforcement. Or go off supply.
    • We received a copy of the completed Directions Questionnaire (N181) from the solicitors along with a draft copy of their directions. I am on a course today so can upload over the weekend if needed. By 4pm on 16th May both parties must each give standard disclosure of documents by way of list by category. By 4pm on 30th May any request for inspection or copies of docs must be made and compiled 14 days thereafter. I will provide more over the weekend.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hassle from Lowells disputed debt from Littlewoods Catalogue

nish40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another Bowells thread im afraid.

Lowells wrote to me to recover a disputed debt from Littlewoods Catalogue.

We originally disputed Littlewoods, as they had Levied Goods insurance on things we bought and it was being added on per month.

We never asked, nor wanted the insurance, but they said "we had enjoyed the benefits of insurance" so would not refund and they had sent Certificate of insurance out at the start. No certificate had been issued, and we said when first asked we did not want it. They also could not explain what benefit i had enjoyed.

I disputed it, but instead of sorting the problem, they said pay up or else.

I chose the OR ELSE.

Now Lowells have chipped in. I have pointed out to them in an email, that the Alledged Debt is in dispute due to mis-sold insurances, i want a NOA, and i want a copy of a valid signed Credit Agreement.

They wrote back in a letter, just acknowledging my request for a copy of CCA.

I gave them 12+2 days to send the required info, what would my next move be, anyone help.

Thanks

Aere the 12+2 days up? if so send the punks this;

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.(12+2 days after you sent the CCA request)

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore;

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation. This limit has expired

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS. Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends. Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit. You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are obliged to supply.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by sorrylittlelot
get some nuts

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Aere the 12+2 days up? if so send the punks this;

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.(12+2 days after you sent the CCA request)

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore;

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation. This limit has expired

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS. Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends. Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit. You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are obliged to supply.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks. The 12 + 2 days are up in 5 days and ill send them that straight after the time is up. They made me laugh cos they say in their letter it may take a little more than the allocated time, but they aren't getting it lol

Got a Reply for my CCA request from Lowells.

The last day is today to receive it (12+2 days), and when i got home last night from work i had a letter from Lowell Portfolio stating a reference number, and saying the account had been sold to Lowells, And that Lowell Farcial were the authorised collectors.

No CCA, and i guess this letter is my NOA.

Thing is as explained in my original post, this account was disputed with the OC which was Littlewoods Direct, as they had been adding product insurance without our prior Knowledge, for 8 months (the missuses account) she hid statements.

I have letters acknowledging the complaint from Littlewoods, but then they sell it.

I am getting a copy of her credit file as i do know someone has added adverse data, but im not sure who.

Can anyone suggest the best way to go with this please, any letters i should send? thanks. Neil

Send Lowells this;

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with Littlewoods and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As Littlewoods is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to Littlewoods for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If youl choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

Yours faithfully

Send Lowells this;

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with Littlewoods and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As Littlewoods is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to Littlewoods for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If youl choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

Yours faithfully

Cheers thanks, ill get that off straight away.

True to form! had a letter of Lowlifes, stating the original CCA has been asked for but they dont have it yet, but if i pay up by 6th march, i can have a 60% discount...........WHATEVER

So many of these stories going around about Lowell, similar things re letters of response are happening to me, they are getting thier account in dispute one today and also i will send them the one about storing and using my data and slapping a default on my file, just in case lol, It's interesting because i also wrote off and asked if they had purchased the debt from Crapital One ( my original alleged creditor ) and they have ignored that request and just re-iterated that i can still have , oooh thanks,,, a discount until Crapital One find my CCA, which i requested 3 weeks ago!!!!! :p Aren't they just darlings?!!!!! :D ( sarcasm rules!! )

Good luck

Tigs x

I just sent the 'bemused' letter to Lowells, and crossed in the post came a blank CCA off Littlewoods, with a letter admitting they DONT have a signed Copy. What should i do now? should i just wait see what Lowlifes come back with?? thanks

morning,

Keep that letter safe, make a copy and send it off to the Leeds Losers with a strong bog off. If they want to get stroppy, invite them to take you to court.

While no agreement exists, they can do sweet fanny adams :)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

morning,

Keep that letter safe, make a copy and send it off to the Leeds Losers with a strong bog off. If they want to get stroppy, invite them to take you to court.

While no agreement exists, they can do sweet fanny adams :)

Mornin, cheers, ill do that.

Starting to like this, mind you better hadn't tell the missus she will get a couple more catalogues :shock: