style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in Novemeber I recieved a parking ticket (from a private company) , that had the wrong number plate for my car on - xx08 xxx rather than xx06 xxx and the wrong model of car - zetec instad focus. On the good advice from friends and posting the issue on this site i ignored it (advice i still agree with) as the ticket is wrong.

Today they have finally tracked me down and are demanding payment. they are cheeky really - I still have the original ticket with the wrong number plate noted down and on the letter I recievd today they have magicaly changed it to the correct number plate. They must have tracked me down via one of the only correct bits of info on the ticket, the road fund licence number.

As I see it have two course of action to take:

1. Write a letter to them pleading ignorance and demand proof of the offence - when they provide a copy of the ticket it will have the wrong info on, so i can then go back to them and say i didn't commit the offence.

2.Write a letter quoting the rules, attaching a copy of the ticket to prove that the wrong info was provided and tell them they have no chance of me paying.

What shall I do? Either of those two options of something completely different?

Many thanks in advance,

Ins

Edited by Inspion

PPC [problem]

• do not pay

• do not contact them again

ignore any further letters

• they will give up and go away after 4 or 5

• familiarise yourself with what a PPC/debt collection agency is: a private company like any other with no special powers. They are not bailiffs. They merely write letters to try and scare you into paying.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

They must have tracked me down via one of the only correct bits of info on the ticket, the road fund licence number.

I didn't think a PPC could use anything other than the reg number to gain access to the DVLA records.

unless they had a picture. or a 'friend' with access who did something they shouldn't have. Write to the DVLA to see if there has be a V888/2 request against you VRM (and get the all details of the requestor) and ask if detail enquiries can be made based solely on tax disk number. Let us know the response as this one may have to go on the ICO.

Good point about the photo. I will write to the DVLA to find out abouth this, and get back to you.

Back to the photo option to ID my car. Say it was by this method, is the ticket still valid if the info on it is wrong, despite the 'photo'.

Back to the photo option to ID my car. Say it was by this method, is the ticket still valid if the info on it is wrong, despite the 'photo'.

If they used a photo that would simply mean they could read the number plate off the photot and make the DVLA request using the "correct" reg plate.

As the "ticket" isn't valid in the first place, the second part of your question is a redundant statement. :D