need legal help fast for a friend

1delboy10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my friend has recieved a letter today from a solicitors, basically saying they are been taken to court to be evicted because the landlord that was letting the property to them has defaulted the agreement to the morgage company, and states on the letter that the tenency agreement is void as the landlord has illegally let the property to them.

my friend has been paying the rent to the landlord faithfully each month but by the looks of it, the landlord has not been paying the mortgage on the property.

they have now recieved this citation to court to evict them.

Im sorry if this is vague as i dont have all the details, i would appreciate any advice of where they stand in the situation as they are a young family with three kids who are been forced out of there home by no fault of there own.

any advice i could pass on would be great. thanks

Hi there, what date are they due to be evicted? can you find out exactly what court papers they have been served.

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, what date are they due to be evicted? can you find out exactly what court papers they have been served.

Ell-enn

hi there, the court date is for the 7th of april, im not sure of all the exact details of the letter, most of it was legal mumbo jumbo but it stated that they were givin previous notice and that they failed to respond or that the refused to leave the premises, they have received no formal notice from any official body or from the landlord.

i forgot to mention, the landlord owns a security company which also leases out properties and my friend is also employed by them as a security guard and is scared of confronting them in case they fire him.

basically the guy who got him the job was a so called friend who also got him the house.

the letter did state that the landlord has illegally let out the property to them thus voiding the contract.

to be honest with you the guy sounds shifty to me as my friend has never recieved receipt of rent payment from the landlord and as i just found out are reluctant to supply pay slips also.

they are in a real mess and dont know what to do.

I have told them to try and get receipts from the rent payments and to get proof of income ie payslips.

my friend did say that there was witnesses to the payments being made but dont know if this will help them much.

i will try to find out more info if i can but dont want to get to involved as they are stressed out enough. thanks

OK, can I suggest they get in contact with Shelter - they are not only for homelessness, they can help in this situation also 0800 800 4444

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, can I suggest they get in contact with Shelter - they are not only for homelessness, they can help in this situation also 0800 800 4444

Thanks, ive given them that number already i found it when looking on the net( they dont have access) thats why im on trying to help.

they are closed today but they'll try on monday, thanks again for you're help.