monkey_uk -v- HSBC CCA for g/f

monkey_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, no prescribed terms on the document then and no terms and conditions from inception of account ? NOt doing very well are they really:)

Credit Card Request Form, that is a new one isnt it?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're doing this with SAR s too, CB - someone got one the other day ...... the beauty of that is, if you fill it in and hand it to the bank , they can't say they haven't got it and the clock starts ticking from then ...... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hmmm, and I guess by doing that you cant get away without giving a signature ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hu? You've lost me...

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Hiya Monkey :) were not saying anyone would commit the heinous crime of forgery to get your signature onto a document i.e. copy your signature from a letter for instance but there have been documented cases in the past where things have mysteriously appeared :rolleyes:.

If you do sign anything make sure you can recognise that particular signature... by putting a dot or a line in it that isn't normally there for instance :cool: just to be on the safe side :roll:.

pete

Best not to give a proper signature for a SAR monkeyuk - some unscrupulous companies (and I'm not saying the banks ) have been known to copy & paste signatures onto documents which were prevously unsigned .... so if you give a signature for a SAR (or CCA) , best to make it slightly unique e.g. an extra curl on a letter or a surreptitious dot somewhere so it's identifiable if it appears on a document .......

Actually , they don't need a signature on a SAR if they can positively identify you otherwise, but they make such a song & dance about it they waste weeks sometimes insisting on a signature .... Have a look at pigsic's threads if you have time , you'll see what I mean ....:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Snap - you've done it again , pete .........laffin uproariously ....:lol::lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

The other way is to print your name and then sign over it in a different colour. Should they be stupid enough to comit fraud in this way you can tell imediately because the anti-aliasing of the scaned signature will be wrong where it crossed the printed name

Aah, I've got around the signture route by inserting a text box into word, typing into it "signed on 28Feb09", sizing it to 4pt text or similar (so it is just about readable), colouring it grey, then filling the box with said text.

Printed out, then signed over this.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Didn't get change to read that long massive thread last night, so still no nearer knowing what to do next :-(

Why am I always so god damn busy?!

--

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the trouble when you start to take this route, :D

At the end of the day knowledge is power.

The only way to get this power is reading, reading, reading. then trying to fathom out what you've read.

I've spent hours and hours here at CAG and often I should have been doing something else. Its a self help site and the info you can gain is amazing, really its all here.

I've not even found the time to enter the Beer Garden yet.

Hee Hee - you haven't lived until you've been in the Beer Garden, Q :rolleyes:

:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

PS, Are you following me, :grin:

No-o-o-o-o-oo ! Whatever gave you that idea :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...

Update time...

Sent this on 2nd April 2009:

I write with regards to the above account, held with your organisation.

I respectfully request that you provide me, by return, a copy of the credit agreement which bears my signature.

I require this as I have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed. Obviously if the agreement is improperly executed I would be entitled to ask the court to consider the agreement and make a declaration of the rights of parties to the agreement.

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to s78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 but is made pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules (pre-action protocols and Part 31.16) and therefore, an unsigned copy will NOT suffice, only a copy of the original contract in it's unaltered form will suffice in these circumstances. If you do not understand what this means, please seek legal advice.

Please confirm whether or not you still hold a copy of my signed agreement and if you do, that you will provide me with this document. I do not view this as an unreasonable request given that by supplying the document which I have asked for it will allow me to assess if my case has merit and will help to resolve matters possibly without the need to involve the court and will undoubtedly save costs on both sides

I look forward to your reply and would ask that you respond in writing, no later than 4pm on 23rd April 2009.

--

Reply received from them 28th April 2009

I refer to your correspondence dated 2nd April.

We have complied with the requirements of section 78 the Consumer Credit Act 1974, in particular we have supplied copies compliant with the Resulation 3(2)(b) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. There is no requirement under section 78 that the original or a photocopy of the original signed agreement be provided.

At this time we are unable to locate the document requested. However, if required to do so to enforce the agreement we are willing to provide other evicdence that there is a credit agreement and that both parties have serviced that agreement.

Whilst I understand this may not be the response you were hoping to receive, I trust I have clarified the bank's final position on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Patricia Govier

So, now what?!

--

No, where is that? (I'll look whilst waiting for you to reply, so if I find it I'll post back here!!

--

Nothing back yet then monkey ? :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised ...... :D They maybe need a nudge to point out that the next step is court ......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Oops! I didn't realise that pt2537 had replied ... :oops:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ok, I've read SMT's thread, but I don't understand much about what he's done??

I mean, I know he took them to court somehow to force them to give him the document,but I don't understand how he went about it...

--

Nemo me impune lacessit

Here's another one which might help too :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Oops! Forget that - I think you've been there......... :oops:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks johnny, but yes, been there too!

My issue is that there isn't a step by step guide for this seemingly complicated process.

Also, any idea what HSBC mean by "However, if required to do so to enforce the agreement we are willing to provide other evicdence that there is a credit agreement and that both parties have serviced that agreement." ???

--

If they've got that evidence then it should be produced in response to a SAR or a CCA .......

IMHO this sounds like an attempt to discourage you because they haven't got an agreement ...... a judge would be a bit unchuffed if court time was wasted by them not supplying what they should have done at your request ..if they've got it all the time ................

Nemo me impune lacessit