monkey_uk -v- HSBC CCA for g/f

monkey_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, my g/f has had a Visa credit card with HSBC for circa 5 or 6 years and currently has several £1000's outstanding on it.

I'm going to send a CCA request as I have a doubt that they'll be able to produce a valid agreement (we can hope!).

I'm now going to look around for the correct details etc to include, but in the meantime, does anyone know the proper address for sending a CCA request?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers what_todo.

Thre address on that post is:

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Yes , that's the one Monkey uk - the other contact addresses are on the sticky just above your thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/74985-hsbc-contact-information.html#post652656

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Trying to find the letter that I need to send but struggling. There ismn't a CCA request letter in the templates library.

I'm seeing conflicting advice saying I should and should not make a request under the CCA.

Any advice please? This is for a HSBC Visa Credit Card.

--

I think this may be what you are looking for monkey uk :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162353

Letter 'N' applies

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks JM.

Next question is whether to keep making a payment each month towards the credit card debt, whilst awaiting HSBC's reply?

--

They only have 12 +2 days to reply monkeyuk , so I'd keep paying until you can say it's definitely in dispute ...... that way if it goes to court you have shown willing .........:)

But come back and ask when you get the material you've asked for ...... if they don't comply , there's another (call-up) letter we can send ...

Nemo me impune lacessit

CCA Req sent 27/02/09

--

• 2 weeks later...

Reply received 07/03/09 - basically saying that they don't have to provide a copy.

Any advice as to what to do next greatly appreciated.hsbcreplytoccaletterrcv.jpg

--

Anyone?

--

Hi monkey

THey are right - they do not have to provide an actual copy of the agreement. They can provide a 'true copy' which is something entirly different. The concept of a true copy goes back to the days when copies were made with quill pens on parchment. It has to give you the basic terms, but nothing else. in particular, it doesn't have to have a signature. Therefore, a true copy may or may not constitite an enforceable agreement.

If you want to challenge and agreement, s78 is pretty useless bacause you need to know whether they have an enforceable agreement or not. The way to find this out is to issue a request under CPR part 31.14 if you already have a court case or Part 31.16 if you haven't started one yet (see PART 31 - DISCLOSURE AND INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS). An SAR sometime comes up wit hthe goods too.

To add to what steven has already advised, the so called true copy must be correct as well, i have just recieved two true copies of a clients credit agreement and both copies had different rates of interest to that which was being applied to the credit and since the rate of interest is a prescribed term if its wrong then the agreement is rednered unenforceable as Natwest have just found out as we issued proiceedings on them today

Thanks fellas.

Can I persue to CPR route even if I'm not issuing proceedings?

I mean if the debt is not enforcable, surely I wouldn't sue them, I'd simply wait for them to sue me to recover the debt, right?

So can I still use the CPR route.

Also, FWIW, it's a blank application form that they've sent. Weirdos.

--

Monkey, can you post a copy of the blank application they sent?

If it is itself non compliant then you have even more ammo, you'd be surprised how many are not 100% kosher when looked at

@PT - will scan in later.

@42man - I've seen it but not read it. It's a massive thread and I worry that I'll never have time to read it start to finish! I'll give it a go this evening all being well.

Thanks both for your help.

--

Monkey is is anything like this one ?

th_HSBCPAGE01.jpg

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Monkey is is anything like this one ?

th_HSBCPAGE01.jpg

Is that it CB ?:eek: or are there about 10 pages missing ?..... :rolleyes::)

Nemo me impune lacessit

CB

What is that supposed to be? They do not honestly hope to get away with that as a consumer credit agreement. Do they?

Is that it CB ?:eek: or are there about 10 pages missing ?..... :rolleyes::)

Steven, according to HSBC, that is IT the agreement I signed with them many moons ago. And yes, they do hope to get away with it. Today, I received a letter from them saying they are passing the account over to Metropolitan Colelction Services, having defaulted the account directly after the FOS said that it was ok for them to collect without an agreement :D . Even though it is so long ago, 1994. I can confirm that I have never signed anything in respect of a credit card. It just arrived one day with the new Cashpoint card.

JM.. if there is anything missing, they certainly are refusing to provide me with it. I have CCAd, SAR'd, 31: somethinged and they have also confirmed to the FOS that they HAVE NOT GOT a copy other that that. :D

Oh, I fib, there was a pack of poorly photocopied t&cs from 2007. No historic t&cs and as you can see there is nothing in the way of prescribed terms on that bit of paper above.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Maybe this will help (courtesy of Andyorchy) CB .......:)

Courtesy of Andyorchy – default check list (IMPORTANT)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1604130.html

It may be too late , but if not you may get them on the default ...

Edited by johnnymitch
removing font markings ........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Maybe this will help (courtesy of Andyorchy) CB .......:)

Courtesy of Andyorchy – default check list (IMPORTANT)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1604130.html

It may be too late , but if not you may get them on the default ...

Thanks for that link jm. They definitely didnt allow the correct amount of time and it took 6 days to get to me anyway. Also the amount requested has loads of charges included :D

BCOBS

sorry if we're using your thread monkeyuk ,:oops: - I hope there's useful info for you in this too ......... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Aside from the covering letter, posted above, these was this:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d5RGw5dENHa00wTVE9PQ

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U0d5RGw5dENtNEkwTVE9PQ

And also "Credit crd agreement terms", "Important changes to your Credit Card Agreement" and a copy of her last 3 months' (or so) statements.

--