Advice Please

Cougar1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently asked Halifax regarding a credit card started 12/2005 for credit agreement, statement of account and notice of assignment. under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79),

All I got back was a list of my current balance and a credit agreement with my name printed on the top.No date and no signature’s anywhere but a note on the bottom

Which reads

Please note that the information we have provided you with is all the information we are required to provide you with Under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act.Please also note we are not required to provide a copy of the original signed agreement under section 78 of the Consumer credit Act

Is this correct any advice

Ok will do will take a while though.Has anybody else have them come back with this.The document looks just like a standard print out with nothing filled in or signed

Edited by Cougar1

Hi,right I have now had a further look at what they have sent and attached.I have been sent 2 agreement’s 1 from Halifax and 1 from RBS neither has any date’s applied or signatures whatsoever only things removed by me are personal details.The 2 Items are the same apart from the agreement between Rbs and Halifax Also section 3. has different amounts entered.

I would have thought one might also get a list of payment detail’s in and out not just you owe and balance etc so you could compare with any records of your own.

RBS.pdf

Halifax.pdf

Hi Cougar,

As I see it, they have complied by sending a"copy" of your agreement but it's not worth the paper it's printed on. They don't have to sent you a copy of the actual agreement you signed so they do this to confuse you instead.

As you now don't know whether they do actually hold the original agreement, I'd advise you to read this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,Thank’s for that will give it a go.One question do you think should I also send the second letter regarding account in dispute,

Abso-bloomin-lutely :) It puts them on notice that you might actually know your rights. You could incorporate your A/C in dispute letter within the body of a cpr 31.16 request( using the link i gave you)

Don't forget to send your letter by recorded delivery and don't hand sign the letter.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE