• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help and advice sought Crap One

nish40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an ALcapone card, with a £200 limit on it.

I have recently received a statement saying the card is over limit by £34.

I contacted Capital One who stated the following.

On December 16th i withdrew £10 from an account with a balance outstanding of £186. On top of that there was a cash charge of £3 for withdrawling from an ATM.

Firstly, i never used my card at all in December 08, in fact i rightly pointed to a date i last used the card which was Sept 27th 08.

I asked Crap One for a summary of the last 3 months statements as to how my card is over the limit.

In September 08, i paid £20 to my card which took the balance to £174 approx. I used the card for a sum of £17 in a shop.

Then in October 08 i paid another £20 on to the account.

Now when i got a statement for November, they had my account overdrawn by £9 and some pence. I complained and they said a charge had gone on to my account for over limit fees, i complained buit hit an indian brick wall ???????????

On 9th December 08 i paid £30 on the account, and in Jan 09 got a statement saying i was £34 overlimit.

NOW, i stated, after they said i had withdrawn £10 and gone over limit, that i had not taken any money at all, My missus while we were out put the card in by mistake, then cancelled the txn straight away and put the right card in. I explained this, and said there must be a fault or fraudulent txn but they would not even except the complaint, they just wanted me to pay the arrears of £34 then £10 monthly payment.

Since then they phoned my work daily, i got into a lot of crap cos of it, i wrote and told them on the phone to stop ringing, and it carried on.

I have sent a recorded delivery letter to ask them to stop phoning my work, and to ask a member of Management in Fraud to ring me on my Mobile, and also told them, i was disputing the account and i want a copy of a signed credit agreement.

They have stopped calling work.. BUT..keep miss calling my phone up to 6 times a day, i know its them cos the idiots forgot to use a withheld number. No calls from Fraud, nothing. What can i do next?

Any suggestions or should i just wait for an answer by mail. Thanks.

Just a quick post.

Just had a woman from Crap One phoned called CRIS,from the Phillipines, asking for payment, i made it clear that in the same letter as the phone number, was a CCA request and a notice the account is in Dispute, she hung up refusing to deal with the complaint.

Edited by nish40

If your sure its fraudulant use, contact the police and report it, get a crime number then write to crap one again stating the crime number and asking what they intend to do! Unfortunately theres not alot else you can do about it, its a funny area fraud, apparently you have to stand guard at all cash points to ensure no one uses your card illegally. Had my MBNA card robbed a little while back, in all honesty though MBNA sorted it quite quick, they have since put my APR up from 14% to 35.9% in one month so I still think they are ar**holes!!!

Thanks for the advice guys.

I sent the letter recorded delivery Saturday, photocopied it and stuck the recorded delivery reciept to it.

I have told in the letter as well that the card was in my possession and not used so either it was a clone card or a fault their end.

I told them im not paying till its sorted out and the charges and amount missing are refunded

If your sure its fraudulant use, contact the police and report it, get a crime number then write to crap one again stating the crime number and asking what they intend to do! Unfortunately theres not alot else you can do about it, its a funny area fraud, apparently you have to stand guard at all cash points to ensure no one uses your card illegally. Had my MBNA card robbed a little while back, in all honesty though MBNA sorted it quite quick, they have since put my APR up from 14% to 35.9% in one month so I still think they are ar**holes!!!

Hi mate, had a word with a mate of mine used to work at MBNA, he said the reason the interest has gone up is that the system recognises most irregularities, including fraud, as a misuse and automatically changes the promotional APR to their base rate.

Call and ask to speak to CUSTOMER LOYALTY they should change it back for you.

Morning,

My best advice for Crap1 is to wait the 12+2 working days, send the A/C indispute letter but in a separate letter make a formal complaint about how you have been treated. Include dates and time of the silent calls and how you think this as harassment.

If it comes to it, your phone company may be able to supply you with a list of calls received on your phone. It's all malpractice.

I suspect that before you know it, your account will be with our friends in Leeds.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Morning,

My best advice for Crap1 is to wait the 12+2 working days, send the A/C indispute letter but in a separate letter make a formal complaint about how you have been treated. Include dates and time of the silent calls and how you think this as harassment.

If it comes to it, your phone company may be able to supply you with a list of calls received on your phone. It's all malpractice.

I suspect that before you know it, your account will be with our friends in Leeds.

fox

Hi Silverfox, Thanks.

Well i had my 'credit agreement' from Crap 1, i have no scanner at the moment, but i will try and sort something to post them.

What they sent is a double sided letter. On the front its just a bog standard letter, saying my acc no and credit limit, then says see over for agreement, then on next line says we have omitted your details for safety reasons. I know i never signed a credit agreement, it was just an App form. The letter has no interest rates, no signature details, and then just says my card is overlimit by £82 which is all charges.

Another letter just answers my queries on the phone calls, all the usual guff.

What follow up letter should i use from the templates, as i know they dont have a signed agreement, im thinking of claiming all the charges back, so they will outweigh the original balance outstanding

Morning Nish,

The A/C in dispute letter is the way to go but I would bet your Cap1 account has more than £82 in charges so a SAR may be required to get all the details and then you will be able to work out what to claim back however, as the agreement is duff they can't get a penny off you. If at a later date they do come up with a valid agreement then that's the time to get your charges back.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Morning Nish,

The A/C in dispute letter is the way to go but I would bet your Cap1 account has more than £82 in charges so a SAR may be required to get all the details and then you will be able to work out what to claim back however, as the agreement is duff they can't get a penny off you. If at a later date they do come up with a valid agreement then that's the time to get your charges back.

Morning Silverfox. Thanks, i got an S.A.R. going to Halifax so ill wizz One off to Crap1 as well.

The S.A.R. should have the 'original signed agreement' in it should it not? cant wait for this lol

Morning Silverfox. Thanks, i got an S.A.R. going to Halifax so ill wizz One off to Crap1 as well.

The S.A.R. should have the 'original signed agreement' in it should it not? cant wait for this lol

If it's anything like the one I got with my SAR from Cap1 then it will be the usual rubbish. When you get it back, keep the envelope. Mine was dated 17/2 but the letter inside was dated 29/1.

They will include screenshots which will be quite small (two to a page). Read them carefully. I found a lovely snippet on mine which will stuff Lowells should they try it on again. :)

If it's anything like the one I got with my SAR from Cap1 then it will be the usual rubbish. When you get it back, keep the envelope. Mine was dated 17/2 but the letter inside was dated 29/1.

They will include screenshots which will be quite small (two to a page). Read them carefully. I found a lovely snippet on mine which will stuff Lowells should they try it on again. :)

Will do thanks again, ill keep you posted

• 4 months later...

Been quiet on here for a while, but would like a bit more help if possible.

Right, sent an SAR but got Postal Order back, and it was never sent to me.

Got a letter off Debitas. so i wrote and explained as Crap1 have not complied with my CCA i will not pay anything till both the request is complied with, and they look into my fraudulent claim.

3 weeks ago i got a letter from Power2Contact, i wrote to them the bemused letter, and also wrote the account in dispute letter again to Crap1 and informed them i am going to seek guidance from OFT.

Power2 wrote said it is being sent back and they will deal with it no more, then Debitas wrote with recent charges added.

Today i got a call off Debitas, when i refused to answer Security i was called a cocky sos and so then he hung up.

So Crap1 have ignored my CCA and have ignored my letter in dispute, and so have Debitas. What can i do next please.

The same as you have been doing, to each dca that comes running send the bemused letter.

debitarse is crapones internal dca.

S.

Thanks i will do, must admit i am enjoying it, just want them to go aay now lol