Suz V Abbeysharks

leighsuz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you LIP.. I'm ready for the long haul. I thought I was just dumb for constantly getting into trouble with my bank, having ended up every month without enough money left in to cover DD's and stay within overdraft limit as a result of the charges from the previous month. Been stuck in a viscious circle for so long that I just could't see any way out of it.

On a brighter note, I've just been given the 'all clear' to return to work, so it's a visit to the job centre on Monday morning for me wey hey! And to top it off the children and I have a new home to look forward to moving into as soon as it's ready. Finally I'll be able to breath again, and stop avoiding the post man! LOL... Not that I'd be avoiding him now with my Abbey claim now on the go! If anything I'm watching and waiting for him every morning :D

There are so many different stories on here of the effects that the over charges have had in different areas of peoples lives, people have lost their homes, businesses etc.. My message to them all "keep at it, don't let the buggers grind you down" there's always a little light at the end of the tunnel, you just need to read other threads (and mine:oops: ) to see that for yourselves.

28th July 06 - Data protection request taken into ABBEY branch with £10 cash... clock's started ticking!

05th August 06 - Microfiche arguement letter sent... In reply to first letter from Pam Speed, received from her this morning.

***I will gladly be donating 5% to this site!***

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Suz, ive gone from one end of the emotional scale to the other with this post.

Thats fantastic news, im so happy for you!!! Good luck with the job search on Monday.

Its very strange how one piece of good news has a domino effect on all the worries you may have...they just dont seem so bad after all.

The more you focus on positive things the more they are likely to happen.

Well that post has certainly made me smile:D :D :D :D .

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Good luck again with the new home, new job (its on its way) and everything!!!

This site is fantastic for meeting truely amazing people and you are one of them.

LIP:D

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

Hi Suz, I am forty days into my claim against these Sharks. Have so far recieved the expected delaying tactics that we read about on this site. A good parachute would be the Barclays basic. You can pay in through work or cheques but only withdraw cash. I also had a problem opening a normal current account and these accepted me. It does mean that all D/Ds have to either be paid via some body elses account or the old fashioned way, over the counter. It is annoying but at least it means that I still have cash rolling into the house if Abbey plays fun and games with my overdraft.

Keep at them as I will and we will get OUR money back from them.

Hey CONGRATS on the good news as well.

AAAWWW SHUCKS! Thank you LIP! Glad I managed to bring a little sunshine to your day :oops:

Seems everything is coming together all of a sudden, and all at once too! Not bothered how long it takes me to claw back my charges as long as I do eventually.. And as soon as it's cleared into an account I'll be using it to whisk myself and my 5 sons off somewhere nice and hot and hopefully it'll be back in my hands in time for christmas. Well a little wishful thinking never hurt anyone LOL :D

28th July 06 - Data protection request taken into ABBEY branch with £10 cash... clock's started ticking!

05th August 06 - Microfiche arguement letter sent... In reply to first letter from Pam Speed, received from her this morning.

Hi Flinty... Thanks for that, I'll give Barclays a try 1st thing Monday morning.

Good luck with your quest too! go show 'em you now mean business!!

I'm so excited about the prospects of winning this in months to come, 1st thing my boys ask when they get up in the morning is whether anyone else has won anything from their banks today? :rolleyes:

hi kia here weve just opened a parachute account with the natwest and had no problems opening it try them or the coop do another simililer account but if you dont want a debit card account there are quite a lot of ordinary accounts available.im only slightly ahead of you and they dont stop trying to fight you so keep fighting and remember theres alot of support out there for all us newies

Thanks Kia.. Looks like I'll be spending the best part of monday trying everyones parachute suggestions, yours included.

Have you received any statements yet?

my 5 sons

Super mum too. LOL

Dont know if youve seen this thread about parachute accounts but ill post it for you anyway.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

I started a new job around the same time as i started my claiming process so just flipped all my DDs SOs over to a new Alliance and lesceister account (Cant spell it though). Its been running for the past 4 months now....time flies when youre having fun...:rolleyes:

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

Hi Peeps

Just to let you know keep up the good work I'm at the moment at the negotiating stage ( see thread "hello all")

Any way when I emabarked on this journey I asked about parachute accounts and some one suggested Natwest, and thats who I went with, it's called a step account and is basic. You get a card with the "solo" logo so can use it most stores. Needless to say I have had no problems, I also opened a savings account with it as well so take care of DD's and such so I transfer the money over for that each month so I know they are taken care off and I know then how much I have got for the rest of the month. But any way the step account is as I say basic but well worth investigating

Hope this helps

Andtroy

N1 forms delivered to court for Barclays

50% rejection letter sent to DLA

( Abbey )

hiya ive had some of the statements but not all of them so i wrote to them to demand the missing ones and got the statndard reply that everyone seems to be getting so now ive sent in an estimated first letter to ask for it back and another seven day timelimit letter will have to be sent exausting init!

Sounds like you know what you're doing Kia.. Good for you!

I read and read through threads and the questions and answers, think I've got it and realize later that I don't actually have a clue lol.. I think I'm finding it easier said than done...

Hope you get the rest of your statements soon, keep us all posted.

Troy... I'll add that one to my list for monday, Thank you. Read through your thread, well done so far!

LIP... yeah right... can't picture myself in a pair of pants over bright lycra tights myself tho lmao... Doesn't bare thinking about!

Don't you just hate Sundays... NO POSTMAN!!!! LOL

Well surprise surprise, still not a single bank statement in sight... GGGGRRRRR :x

no none here either posted off letter to request missinfg statements nearly a fortnight ago and absolutely nothing not even standard bog off letter absolutly zero communication so double GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!

Oh Dear Kia... It's not looking good at all is it? Ive still not had any of them. Ive got the last 6months and theres £720 in charges alone on those.. eager to get my hands on the rest so I can get things moving in the right direction at last... Hope you hear something soon too.

nope still nothing from the grabby ill probably proceed with the estimated one but its good to communicate with someone whos at the same stage as me because sometimes it feels like everyone else is so much further ahead and seems to know exactly what there doing unlike me whos just scrabbling in the dark trying to find my way

Well what do you know... I received two statements today for April and May 2005. Aprils was just a type out of transactions on Abbey headed paper with end of acc at bottom of page.. And Mays was a moments enquiry printed off a spool by contract staff / cashier 06?... no statements tho leading upto these two months and nothing for the earlier years either. Looks like they're going to stick to their stalling techniques and send them in dribs and drabs. And the style of statement has clearly been selected to cause as much confusion as possible in the hope that we all just drop the idea :-x. Sorry Abbey, no can do, I need it all back!!!!

Kia.. I know exactly what you mean... but having so many people that have got so much further than ourselves does help inspire us and we have so much to learn from their journey of threads too... but Lord do I wish I was as far up this track as them too LOL.. They all seem to know what they're doing now that they've dealt with the statements and worked out the amount owing on claim etc. I'm dreading having to work out all the figures and interest etc, it all sounds so confusing when you havn't had to deal with it yourself yet. But hey! I'm really looking forward to seeing the final figures owed in black and white ;)

Just when I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to get anywhere with all of this... I read today of a few peeps here receiving settlement... It's fantastic news for all of us! congratulations to you all!!! ;)

hiya suz my statements what few came were like yours in dribs and drabs and all like a mixed up jigsaw puzzle it took me ages sorting them but they knew that when they sent them. They didnt all come at once either first ones within a few weeks the rest over next few weeks but there were missing ones that they thought i wouldnt notice.Well they were wrong i did my homework so double check anything they send dont just assume they play tricks the grabby GRRRRRR!!

have messed up again suz didnt keep a copy of the 2nd data pro act so dont know what date i sent it so will have to send another one booo!!!by the way how many actual statements have they sent you

Hya Kia..

I already had statements for April, May, June, July of this year... all they've sent me so far is print offs of April and May last year, they arrived yest morning :evil:... Talk about dragging their heals!.... Still, only 25 days left out of their 40 and counting!!! :lol: So they're only stalling the inevitable eh?

well ive had almost two years worth but its taken two of us to sort them out but finally got there and got letter printed and ready to send horray!!ps sorry if im bugging you its just nice to be at the same stage as someone else