Security/Legal Charge Details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basic details

Property A owned by my mam with no Mortgage but lived in by me

Property B owned by me with a Mortgage and a Barclays Secured Loan but lived in by my mam.

Secured Loan 70K plus 17k PPI. Trying to get out of it as mis-sold as I am self employed.

SITUATION

24 months ago it was decided that as I had lived in Property A for 10 Years it was about time that the ownership was transfered. My mam has artheritus so Property B was much more suitable.

I took out a mortgage on Property A and the Deed was transfered into my name.With the money taken from the mortgage on Property A we paid off our mortgage on property B. At that point we contacted Barclays and requested that they moved the Secured Loan from Property B onto Property A. They advised that if this happened it would be a change and as such the PPI repayment would fail and we would lose the 17k payout after year 5.

In recent months we have had letter from Barclays Secured Loan Dept requesting that we contact them as they never lodged the security and as such they have no charge on either property.They even offered us £50 of M&S Vouchers if we got back to them in 7 days (we did not) In addition I have checked the Legal charge document they sent to us and it does not detail the title number.

My question is...we originally wanted to transfer Property B into my mams name...Is this now possible if the charge has not been lodged. If so where can I find out that there is definatly no charge listed. Also if there is no charge and no Legar Charge document with a Title No . how enforceable is the loan. I fully expect that the amount need paid but I need to know what errors they have made as I need to settle the matter of the PPI Insurance and this would assist in showing how inept they really are.

Many Thanks

If so where can I find out that there is definatly no charge listed.

You need to do a search on the Land Registry website, there is a small cost involved of about £3 I think:

Land Registry : Online Services

I don't know the answer to your other questions unfortunately. Be very interesting to see what Barclays position is now that they've allowed the sale of the property without reclaiming their interest on it.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!