My Kensington worries

leepy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

recently i have been researching my lender kensington mortgages as i was expecting to be paying less for my mortgage due to the drop in interest rates. After a phone call to kensington it seems its going up, the current KM svr is 7.2% i have a feeling they add more on this but im just not sure how it works?

From what i read about these sharks they just increase the interest rate until you cant afford the repayments, is this an accurate enough description?

I know i cant remortgage as im self employed went self cert and have lost all equity in our home due to the downturn in the housing market.

In a nutshell im terrified i am now at the mercy of their svr, things are tight as it is, but to think the interest rate is going to keep creaping up i know its just a matter of time before i cant make a payment.

If anyone knows if a can or how to negotiate a capped or lower rate i would be so thankful, any advice would be great.

For all the stories i have read and tough times you have faced my heart goes out to you all, good luck all! x

welcome to the forum, someone will be along shortly who will be able to help better than i can....b-o-2

just bumping

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

oh my i feel so sorry for you and quite honest where do i start

we were heart broken we was with the sharkes and it came that 3 yrs ago my hubby was made retired from his work now he had all the tests, x rays and oh my i have lost count how many medicals he had yes it was tehm so cut a long story short we took out ppi

we only had it for a year they said and we have to pay for it how come when we are still paying ppi anyway the buggers went for it and court action it was nearly a thousand we owed and they kept putting charges fees interests on top and would u believe every month was trhe same and up n up it went in the end we had to either get out or sell it so we sold it to buy now sell your house and rent it back we didnt want to but that how we were and were still in the house paying private rent

sorry its not really helped we went to a solicitor and she said how much do u owe it was £900 and say 50 pounds she screach it that all she thought it was in there thousands.

abg

hi again if they havent done so yet you will get a letter from them asking for what you owe etc and theres a number they say to call on now i know from my experience this number you can make arrangements with them an amount that you can afford, and they will set it up for you and then however it may be monthly, fortnightly weekly whichever perm you select then you agree to phone this number and make a payment using you c/card or debit card etc

they will let you do this but yes they do put it up themselves

i will be back when i find ourt some more for you

hugs

abg

we went fixed for 2 yrs at 6.69% which ends in june, it thens goes to 7.2%? How they have that figure when the b of e is at 1% is just a mystery?Thankyou for your posts, are you saying i can negotiate a better rate with them, i havent missed payments yet however everyone has a limit to what they can afford and if the repayments are gonna keep moving up its just a matter of time before it will happen

Hi there. Pleased to here you are actually on good terms with KMC. I believe from what I have read in mpst posts around here kmc personalise there rates to the customer so yours in theroy should be one of there better ones as you have been good. Yes the rates are going down but KMC did get really really high at one point. They certainly do not follow the B of E. Having said that they did give us a reduction in December and I believe that they re evaluate the rate every 3 months so I was kind of hoping for a letter soon so that the first reduced payment woukld be in April as they have to give you a months notice befor it changes.

Hope this helps a little

olives xx