• Tweets

• Yes, await the Directions Questionnaire from the court. No, the Directions Questionnaire is just a short form and leads to the case being transferred from MCOL/CCBC to your local court.  If you Google "Form N180" you can see a blank copy on government web pages.
    • There will only be one hearing (typo possibly 25th is a Saturday Courts closed ) clarify with the court.
    • Upload a redacted copy of their statement (+ Exhibits) please.
    • No Andy, I'll scan, redact and upload later today. So the court sent me 2 letters, same envelope and stapled together but with different dates!. 1. N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, stating: UPON considering the papers herein IT IS ORDERED THAT The claim is listed for an attended hearing 25 May....... at which court will consider allocation..  etc   2. N24 Notice of PTR/Adjnd/Restored/Hrg/Management conference TAKE NOTICE that the hearing will take place on 24 May at....... When you should attend 30 minutes has been allowed for the Hearing   No other instructions anywhere in the envelope or on the letters. Do I attend both?
    • Then leave it just proceed with the claim( strike out/SJ application are risky).....the defendant will not be permitted to rely on written evidence (documented) only verbally as they failed to comply with the N157 (unless they have filed with the court and failed to serve you a copy) ?  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GE kwik fit card 1996 with PPI sold to AK

stevvieboi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

think their is just over £500 to clear it, claiming it back should clear it all off, sending letters off to aktiv today to see what records they hold on me, and to get them off my back, as for getting money out of me, they can sing for it lol

Dont rush with these idiots, it was in the paper the other day that they made a loss of £40 Million last year hahahahahaaa, also they are laying some of there threat monkeys off so you may have a wait

I think you should do 2 things:

1. Continue the claim against GE Capital for charges plus interest plus PPI. If they have not agreed to everything you have requested - send letter before action and then take them to court. They will pay up. They do not do court. See my GE Meony thread.

2. Send Aktiv a request under s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the agreement for the account. Send them £1 and remind them they have 12 days to comply and that the account msut be regarded as in dispute until they do. They won't be able to, and will probably send the account back to GE Capital.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys I Dont Know If I Have Posted In This Section Yet, But If I Havent Then You Need To Contact Conumer direct or the MOJ. The More Complaints The More Can Be Done....i Know The Guys Behind It Even Down To There Number Plates So Please Contact either or both of above.

Edited by MARTIN3030

• 1 year later...

hi

i am looking for advice on a debt aktiv kapital have being trying to get out of me,

it's a debt i have disputed with ge money where their ppi was not worth the paper it was written on,

it all started when i was laid off and because i had to much saving i could not sign on,

and because i was not signing on ge and their ppi would not cover my payments and then started applying charges to my account,

this has now gone from around 180 that i owed, to now over £400,

i was not in a position to pay this debt off, as the money i had saved i had to live off,

pay my monthly payments on car house insurance etc until i found work again,

they had put a default on my credit report,

the debt is now over 6 years old and i have had the odd letter from them

if i pay so much it will be wiped clean,

i have checked my credit report now and it is no longer on it,

prob because its over 6 years old,

but i have received a letter today from ccs collect debt collectors threatening me with either a visit to my home,

or action taken against me through the county court or sheriff court unless i pay £432.60 within 7 days

anyone got any advice what i can do with regards to this will be greatly :-( many thanks

Hi

If you are sure that you have not made any payment or written acknowledgement of the debt in a clear period of 6 years (5 in Scotland) then it is statutory barred.

When was the last payment made?

Have you made any written ackowledgement of the debt in the time scales mentioned?

ims

If it's not on your current CRA then just send the SB letter to them and remind them they are knowingly threatening to take legal action that is impossible and therefore attempting to gain money by deception.

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

yep!

ruddy spoofers!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i got a phone call this morning from them asking how i was going to pay this off, and informed them that it is now over 6 years old, they informed me that a payment had being recieved back in 2006, yet it was defaulted over 6 years ago by ge money, then was changed to aktiv when they took the debt over, and the default on my cra is now gone, they have said to me that they will have the default applied again to my account giving them another 6 years to pursue this, i know i have not paid anything to this since it was defaulted so where a payment came from in 2006 i dont know, i recall that ge did refund some charges which i am guessing they applied to this account, dont know where i stand with this now, does the statue barred still apply when it was on my cra and now removed?

You've fallen for the oldest trick in the book, why oh why do people speak to these clowns on the phone, and then believe what they are told???

STAY OFF THE PHONE!

You owe nothing, these reprobates will use any and every con trick in the book to convince you that you owe money when you don't, are they going to put that in writing that they received a payment> I doubt it!

And as for reapplying a default on your CRF, this phone drone you spoke too is taking the proverbial, I bet he's laughing at you right now with all his other chums in the broom cupboard about how he told yet another lie, they work on commission it is their job to lie cheat con and swindle you out of money you do not owe, this is exactly the reason why YOU DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE!

Keep everything in writing, keep a close eye on your credit file, and if this does reappear you can sue for defamation and receive a nice four figure sum in compo from the goons.

If they ring just laugh at them and hang up.

It is for them to prove to you that this is not SB, NOT for you to prove it is.

Relax.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i got a phone call this morning from them asking how i was going to pay this off, and informed them that it is now over 6 years old, they informed me that a payment had being recieved back in 2006, yet it was defaulted over 6 years ago by ge money, then was changed to aktiv when they took the debt over, and the default on my cra is now gone, they have said to me that they will have the default applied again to my account giving them another 6 years to pursue this, i know i have not paid anything to this since it was defaulted so where a payment came from in 2006 i dont know, i recall that ge did refund some charges which i am guessing they applied to this account, dont know where i stand with this now, does the statue barred still apply when it was on my cra and now removed?

Simples write to the fools and demand proof of said payment, I bet none ever arrives

As has been said stay off the phone and if for some bizarre reason you do talk to them on the phone at least record the call....

As for a payment in 2006 there are several things that stick out as a problem for the DCA...

First it's almost run the SB clock down again from 2006 anyway, second the debt mentions the Sheriff court and therefore it's a 5 year clock and probably SB'd again already!

As for this 'payment' if it turns out to be from GE refunding the account this did not come from you and is incidental, you have still not acknowledged the debt. If resetting the SB clock was this easy then every DCA in the land would be putting £1 in your 'debt' account every year to keep the debt open. They don't as they know it would serve no purpose as you had still not acknowledged the debt.

Reading again from the beginning you might want to go down the 'Prove it/CCA/SAR' path as this should keep them busy (unless I missed something).

Again as has been said, if it's not on your CRA fie then don't worry, if it pops up then time to get paid by the pond life!:whoo:

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

pers i'd get reclaimin that useless ppi

money direct to your pocket for sure

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

hi can anyone give me some advice on the ppi calculator sheets, i had a charge card with ge money i have all my records and charges, but each payment and ppi payment is different from the next, when i open the compound interest calculator i enter the dates, the amount of charge etc, but it wont calculate the number of days elapsed, comes up with a wee red triangle and when i click on it it says you cant compare a date with a number because their data types are different, also when i open it comes up with

Missing Font - times new roman,serif

Import Warning - Indents in table cells were imported but aren’t editable.

Import Warning - Unsupported formulas in 252 cells were removed from Table 1 on “COMPOUND INTEREST CALCULATOR.” The last calculated value was used.

i am using a mac and the program is numbers, it also wont calculate the compound interest, any ideas? thanks