npower problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a large debt for electricity with npower plus a recent bill making the total £1400. I have tried to play this back by dd but they are wanting £224 per month which is impossible. I received the usual letters, and have always called them but with little success. My last proposal was to pay the latest bill £300 in full bringing the debt down to £1100 and then paying £50 per month towards this, and paying all future bills in full as they arrive. They flatly refused this offer, saying that because I have a large number of failed arrangements, they need at least 75% of the outstanding debt to be able to consider a payment arrangement. Today I have received the letter to say they will be coming to my property on Tuesday will they cut us off on Tuesday or is this some sort of warning visit?

Any comment much appreciated.

They wont cut off your supply (Edit: if you don't allow them access to the meter), they need permission from the court first and if you haven't heard anything about a court date then they wont yet have it.

Edited by Happyfeet24

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

I have a large debt for electricity with npower plus a recent bill making the total £1400. I have tried to play this back by dd but they are wanting £224 per month which is impossible. I received the usual letters, and have always called them but with little success. My last proposal was to pay the latest bill £300 in full bringing the debt down to £1100 and then paying £50 per month towards this, and paying all future bills in full as they arrive. They flatly refused this offer, saying that because I have a large number of failed arrangements, they need at least 75% of the outstanding debt to be able to consider a payment arrangement. Today I have received the letter to say they will be coming to my property on Tuesday will they cut us off on Tuesday or is this some sort of warning visit?

Any comment much appreciated.

If its the first visit it will be to see if they can come to an arrangement, take payment or book an appointment for a prepayment meter. If this visit isnt successful and/or no access then they will apply for a Warrant to enter the property to which they will fit prepayment meters or disconnect depending on the severity of the debt.

ARGH COMPLAINTS!!!

hello

Today (well I think so) is the day they should be coming, the letter says on or just after 24th February. I have spoken to npower many times now so I know that there not coming to cut me off. I have paid a £100 token gesture towards the outstanding bill. What I don't understand is that the three different people I have spoken to have all offered me different amounts to pay to reinstall the dd. £1000+, £875 and today £500. Why do they think it is ok to mess with people so much. If we lived an extravagant lifestyle and were reckless this would be no-ones fault but our own, but the truth of the matter is we live on a shoe string. Our mortgage is fixed our secured loans haven't come down and everything else has gone up. It just seems never ending, I'm so tired of worrying, like everyone else no doubt.