conditional fee agreement???

mark1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need some advise with regard to the above mentioned.

i have had an accident at work (Industrial injury) and am persuing the matter with annew solicitor as my union solicitor did not feel that my case warranted persuing after 18 months of trying.

the new soilcitor has had all my case notes sent to them from the original solicitor and has now sent me a copy as above mentioned.

having read through this i am concerned of the fees issue mentioned if either party fails.

can somebody advise me if i will be responsible in any way for costs of this solicitor i i sign the cfa?

its a scary thing to proceed if this is the case;however i feel i need to persue my case as the circumastances have left me with a life induced illness:oops:

my impression is that by signing the documents, if for any reason you lose the case then you will have to stump up (I think)....

a CFA means that if you lose, you are liable for the solicitors disbursements such as letters, reports etc for your case. However, most solicitors get an insurance policy against this loss and you allow them to keep the referral commission from the insurer.

this means if you lose the solicitor claims their costs from the insurance and you don't pay anything. If you win they claim from the other party.That's why for you, it's 'no win, no fee'. There's no fee to pay either win or lose.

you need to ask the solicitor if they will take out an insurance policy against your costs if you lose. Some may ask you to pay for this policy, but most just ask you to let them keep the referral commission and you don't pay anything.

they only tend to take cases which they will most likely win. So it's always a bonus for the insurance company to give a policy against something which will only be used very rarely.

Edited by tifo
  • Haha 1