Red Debt Collection Services and 3g Mobile

Shadowmaru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This morning I received a letter from Red claiming I owe 3g Mobile £729.51. The thing is I've only ever had a 3g pay as you go mobile and the way my name is written on the letter has sent alarm bells ringing since I don't know how they got my middle initial since I never use it in any communications. The only thing that I have that has my name written on it like it is on this letter is my debit card. The only contract phone I have is with Orange and except for this months bill it's all up to date.

It says as I have failed to settle my outstanding balance. This is the first letter I have received from them.

What makes me laugh is they say if they do not hear from me by 18/02/09 then they will have to use other recovery methods. They apparently sent the letter out on the 13/02/09. And it's now the 19th. How am I...if I do... supposed to contact these people on that date? Use a flippen Delorean and go back a week and contact them?

I don't need this mess around with how my health has been getting worse over the last 6 months. I'm reduced to laying in bed most of the day since my back and legs have pratically died on me and I swear I'm going to be attracting metal objects soon with the amount of MRI's I've had.

My Neurologist doesn't know what's wrong with me yet and I really don't need this while going through blood tests, EMGs, MRI's and Nerve Biopsy's.

Another letter also arrived today for my brother from Red saying he also owed 3g money. Something doesn't smell right here. Two letters on the same day from the same company for the same thing?

Any help in dealing with these people would be appreciated.

Edited by Shadowmaru
Spelling Errors Ahoy!

Send them the 'prove it' letter;

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

Well... gotta give em something other to do than sending out threat-o-grams everyday. XD

Then again if what my poking around has turned up is true I doubt the "Leeds Losers" will even be able to manage that properly. XD

Still the Prove it letter is getting posted this afternoon as soon as I fire up the desktop and manage to hobble over to the desk. Gotta love back problems :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Update... Got a letter from Lowells this morning saying if I don't contact them by 8th of February they'll foward the debt to Red. Right... Bit late there mate. The letter was supposedly written on the 29th January. I think the post monkeys got confused when sending this one out. I sent an email asking what they were playing at. Going to be amused to see what I get back.

Still waiting on a reply from the letter I semt to Red...

Update... Got a letter from Lowells this morning saying if I don't contact them by 8th of February they'll foward the debt to Red. Right... Bit late there mate. The letter was supposedly written on the 29th January. I think the post monkeys got confused when sending this one out. I sent an email asking what they were playing at. Going to be amused to see what I get back.

Still waiting on a reply from the letter I semt to Red...

Lowells/Red/Hampton Legal are all part of the same company...just desks on opposite sides of the room.

One threat monkey gets up out of his chair & walks over to the other side of the office to pass it to Red etc...:rolleyes:

Sounds like they're on a fishing trip for someone with a similar name to you or your brother. This is exactly what Lowells have been on BBC Watchdog for - they'll have got your initial from someone like Experian while doing a search. They really are ****. It may well be worth you and your brother contacting Watchdog, especially as you are clearly in a vulnerable situation.

BBC - Watchdog

They'd love to hear from you, I'm sure, especially if they're concocting letters after the event.

Good luck with fighting the scabby swine.