Paid £500 deposit on HP deal suddenly withdrawn!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

Via the internet and telephone, I have paid a deposit on a car by credit card - £250.

I am due to go up in March to sign the finance documents (rest on hire purchase).

I may have decided to go with another vehicle with another company.

Am I entitled to the moneyback under the distance selling regulations, and how would I go about this, please?

Thank you :)

I don't think you can demand the full deposit, they will have done paperwork and may even have put it through the workshop ready for you to collect. They will certainly have taken it from the lot thus stopping someone else buying it.

If it was a case of the car not suitable after a test drive then yes, but they will have done some work justifying an admin charge at least. If they have put it through the workshop and now don't sell it for another six months, it will have to go through the workshop again.

You may have no trouble at all and they might send it back in full, you wont know until you ask.

What does it say in your paperwork? It may state in there what their terms are with deposits.

When I have put money down before I have always made sure recorded in writing that deposit is refundable if I decide to withdraw, they are normally happy to put that as they want the sale.

I don't think it is a big issue either, but I think the op should be aware that there could be some deductions.

Have you talked to them yet blue eyes?? The longer you leave it the more likely that you will not get it back.

Hi there.

I have just paid £500 as a deposit on a car to be financed by HP. Previous to paying this deposit, I was credit checked and was told that my application had been approved for finance.:" I have had thexxxxx approved on finance and I am just checking to make sure the red car is still available.

I’ll let you know as soon as I hear."

By email, UI was provided with a written quotation for the HP deal and was told I had to immediately pay £500 to secure the car and so I did." We require a £500 deposit to get the car for you – please call me as soon as you can and I will organize the paperwork."

An oder form was also sent to me after paying the money.

This morning, I received an email from the individual from the company (who is FSA authorised by the way!) telling me :

Hi xxxxxxx

Unfortunately the HP lender for the Focus CC will only consider an advance of £8000.00 at this time.

This only leaves us with the PCP option.

Please confirm this is acceptable and I will email over a revised order form.

Thanks,

xxxxxx

I have paid £500 deposit on a written qutoation for HP.

What are my rights - can I cancel and get back the £500 - or can I insist a contract was made and that the HP deal cannot now be withdrawn?

Thanks for any advice that you can give me.

There are some dealers who get initial approval of finance and then tell the customer it has been withdrawn. They are then offered finance with another company at a higher rate of interest, a [problem] in other words.

I'm not saying this is what has happened in your case, but it would be prudent to check directly with the finance house before you make any further decision on which way to go.