help iam new

p8ge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,i need help with a old debt!

I got a car on finance in 2002 had it two years then had to hand it back as i lost my job,spoke to credit company who arranged pick up of vehicle,after that they told me they would sell the car and i would be liable for the remaining balance.I heard nothing for six months so i called the finance company who took my details and told me the account had been closed and i had nothing more to pay? so i asked them to put that in writing ,which they never.I moved house in 2007 and thought nothing more of it as there was no default or anything on my credit file.ultill dec 08 i checked my credit file and a default for £3300 for a car had just appeared but it was not british credit trust but MCE portfolio ltd.a week later i received a theatining letter from Nolans solicitors about this debt demanding payment or MCE will take me to court! I sent them a statue barred letter which they replied it did not fall into this as i made a payment on april 2004,which i cant remember if i did,iam waiting on my bank confirming this.I also asked them to send me proof of payment,and i sent them a cca request which after two weeks i have had no reply.Two days ago i received a citation of summons from my local court saying on jan 19th 2009 the court substituted 26 march as a new return day and 2nd april as a new calling date?on the next page it says they tried in oct 2008 to send this to my old address which Nolans states on it, that i lived there 3 months prior to this date which is wrong as i moved out in 2007.I would grately apreciate advice on what to do next as i do not want a ccj.

I look forward to hearing from you guys Peter.:(:confused:

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Was this a Hire Purchase agreement or a Conditional Sale agreement?

Can you remember what percentage roughly that you had paid off of the finance on the car?

What are the details of claim?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i dont know what percentage as they have not replied to my cca request i had it for two years cant mind how long i took it over!
Do you think it was over or under 50%?

what do you mean details of the claim?

Have you received a claim form giving details of the claim against you?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

the details of the claim are the defender resides at the address stated for more than 3 months prior to the raising of this action( which is false as i moved out in 2007 and thin is dated 5/9/08.also the defender failed to pay as agreed and is in breach of contract with the said suppliers,the defenders last payment was on 1/6/04,(which they did not prove)the said sum of £3322.48 is the sum sued for.

can you advise on action as on the next page it says i have four options to reply to?thanks

Could you answer my question regarding the percentage please.