Information given is not what was requested!

xanderd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

On the 19th of June I sent a Subject Access request to Nationwide clearly requesting a list of transactions and charges relating to a bank account that is now closed. As i closed the account about 2 years ago I have no idea what my account number was, and dont know how to find it out. But in the letter I reminded them that under the data protection act they still have to supply me with the account information.

A payment of £10 was made for this request, and after 37 days I received a large binder in the post, however it contained absolutely no information about my Bank account.

The information in the binder is as follows:

A covering letter saying 'here is the information you requested'

A section entitled 'personal loan computer information' which contains some printouts about a personal loan I applied for and got rejected in 2005.

A section called 'data protection (computer)' which just contains copies of the letters I have sent them and their replies, with a photocpy of the cheque they cashed.

A section entitled 'guide to your account information' which is just a huge load of bumf like a glossary explaining what every term means.

Finally, the section 'data protection register - entry details', which shows "in very general terms" all the reasons that Nationwide process data for, from 'staff administration' to 'provision of financial services'.

I am very annoyed and upset that after spending 37 days and £10 I have not received the information I requested.

I have complained to the information commissioner but think that may be a slow process. I want to complain to nationwide too, but can they argue that they couldnt provide the info becuase I didnt provide an account number? They managed to find my loan application based on my name alone!!

what to do next?

cheers

alex

Have you rang the DPA team and left a message on their answer machine - say you want someone to ring you back urgently otherwise you will be making a complaint. See if that does anything. If they don't, there are templates for non-compliance in the Library section.

Keep us updated.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....