Eclipse Computer Supplies Coventry

buzzpud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I ordered a pc case from Eclipse Computers on 16/12/09 and when it turned up it was badly damaged. I rang Eclipse almost at once for a returns number and got told that I would have to take photos and send them in.

I was then told that the courier is responsible not them and I would have to wait for the courier company to contact me ( 28 days max wait ) so I waited but was told to hold on to the case.

28 days later I rang Eclipse as I had heard nothing ( I have an answerphone ).

They said someone will be collecting the case on 13/02/09 so I waited.

In the meantime I have ordered a selection of components to build a pc for a charity organisation my other half works for as they need a new pc.

Days went by heard nothing so I rang customer support. About 45% of the order wasnt in stock but they had taken my money.

The order was changed a couple of times to reflect what they did have and when it arrived the 19inch Widescreen Monitor I had purchased was scrached and had two dead pixels. I rang customer support straight away and the told me to contact the warranty people for the monitor and deal with them.

Would you believe the warranty people are in Germany and the warranty does not cover dead pixels due to some ISO regulation.

Well it was still scratched ( so hereby defective )but the warranty company have not replied to my emails.

Well I rang Eclipse and they told me to take a photo of the scratch and send it in by email which I have done on the 13/02/09.

I have still not heard nothing despite phoning a sales guy and leaving a message with him to get them to ring me back on the 13/02/09.

Eventually a courier called to pick the damaged case up on Friday 13/02/09.

To top it all when the order came out they sent a PCI graphics card instead of an AGP one which I had to open as it didnt say on the box whether it was PCI or AGP and when I sent it back to them with an RMA they wont except it as there is a grease stain on the box it came in which was inside the outer box with graphical content on it.

Surely the cannot refuse to change an item with this excuse as the goods are the most important not the packaging and if they had not sent the wrong graphics card in the first place this situation would not be happening .

Can you give me some guidance on how to proceed next?

Thanks

Buzzpud

This company is trying it on with you. They ARE responsible and they're fobbing you off. You don't have to deal with the courier over the case and you don't have to deal with the manufacturers warranty over a brand new monitor.

Under Distance Selling Regulations you can reject the goods anyway, damaged or not. However you do need to do this within a given timeframe and I suspect the company is using delaying tactics. When were the monitor and the graphics card delivered?

I take it this was an internet order. If so then you should ship the whole lot back under the distance selling regulations and ask for a complete refund which they have 30 days to do.

As they have not fully explained the DSRs in their terms and conditions, did you receive a letter with them on included with the order, if not then they do not start until you have received this explanation and last, I believe, for three months.

You can also send it back as 'supply not to contract'.

7 Day Money Back Guarantee

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have a 7 working day cooling-off period starting from the day after receipt to cancel the order for all retail mail order transactions excluding trade/business transactions, all computers and items specifically built/assembled for you, delivery charges*, unsealed software or movies and perishable items.

*The Delivery service is contracted-out to a third party courier and is a separate contract that is deemed to have begun and been completed before the end of the cooling-off period, this excludes our standard 3-5 day delivery service.

To return goods you must send us written confirmation within the cooling-off period. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the items (or our costs for collecting them) and they must be returned complete and as new as otherwise a handling charge may apply at our discretion .

It's not a guarantee at all, it is a regulation.

And I have no idea what the gobblede gook about delivery company means.

Any damaged items are returned entirely at their cost including postage delivery and return.

Edited by Conniff

Hi

Thanks for swift replies...............

The damaged case arrived just before Christmas about the 17/12/08 and the 19inch Widescreen Monitor arrived on the 10/02/09 as this was on a seperate order along with the PCI Graphics Card.

All items were reported to Eclipse Computers on date of arrival by telephone conversation with their Customer Services Staff.

These guys take your money and when your stuff doesnt show up you ring them ( premium rate number )only to find out your items you ordered are not in stock of which you have to wait or pick alternative items.

I have also contacted Consumer Direct about this as it stinks!

Heres the reply I got back about the Graphics Card from Eclipse and my reply back of which they havent answered..............................

I have recently received the graphics card you purchase on order number 1406969 and subsequently returned on RMA:-125630.

Before we make form of decision with regard to accepting an item back from our customers we do have to examine them for any marks, scratches etc, on this occasion when I have examined the returned graphics card I found a grease mark on the inner box of the video card. As this is not the manner to which we supplied you the graphics card we cannot agree that this has been returned in an as new condition.

As a goodwill gesture I can send the video card back out to you free of charge.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Kasha

Eclipse Customer Services

And my reply..........................................

Dear Mr Iqbal

Would you please note that if your sales staff had sent me the right Graphics Card in the first place an AGP one not a PCI card

we wouldn’t be having this problem.

The package that the card came in doesn’t identify anywhere on the outside of the box that it is AGP or PCI so one has to

remove it from the box to see its form factor.

People are buying graphics cards not cardboard boxes so this to me doesn’t seem like an excuse not to change this item

that has been chosen incorrectly by one of your staff.

They now have my graphics card back and wont exchange it!

Buzzpud

Edited by buzzpud
Corrupt Text

As the monitor arrived not seven 'working' days hence, get an email off to them NOW rejecting the goods, they cannot refuse it.

If there is anything else that you haven't had for seven 'working' days, then reject that as well. Tick the read receipt in your email before you send it - not that that guarantees a response.

You do not have to give any reason for returning the monitor.

I see the graphics card came at the same time as the monitor, reject that as well and the above applies, you do NOT have to give a reason for returning it.

Edited by Conniff

Heres what I have just sent.....................

Dear Sir

I hereby quote the law…………………………………

7 Day Money Back Guarantee

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have a 7 working day cooling-off period starting from the day after receipt to cancel the order for all retail mail order transactions excluding trade/business transactions, all computers and items specifically built/assembled for you, delivery charges*, unsealed software or movies and perishable items.

Therefore I inform you that as I was in in receipt of the orders 1404572 and 1406969 on the 09/02/09 I thereby have a 7 day cooling off period of which to cancel my orders so I am notifying you that I wish to cancel my

order items below:

Order Number 1406969

256Mb Geforce FX5200 PCI Graphics Card

Order Number 1404572

19 Inch Widescreen TFT Monitor

I shall be returning the Monitor as you already have the Graphics Card and I expect a Full Refund under advice from Consumer Direct.

What do you think?

Buzzpud

I would be more inclined to say:

Dear

On the[date]I ordered from you the above goods.

They were delivered on the [date delivered]

I wish to exercise my rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and cancel this contract.

Please confirm by return that my cancellation is accepted, and refund in full all monies that I have paid.

Yours faithfully

Don't forget to include your name and address.

Hi

Well its been sent now and I also printed a copy of the email from the sent folder so it shows time and date this was sent and ticked opened and read receipt options.

Still waiting reply from Comsumer Direct.

Should I send the Faulty Monitor back now or wait for response?

They already have the Graphics Card.

Thanks

Buzzpud

If they used a courier then they will probably pick it up allbeit at your charge like they did the case.

Have you had that replaced or refunded yet?

Did you get any paperwork with any of the deliveries explaning the DSR to you?

Computer case has been picked up by courier to go back to Eclipse but dont know outcome yet?

I have not been sent DSRs only invoices/receipts which state that any faults should be notified to them immediately in small print on the bottom of the invoice.

I reported the defects immediately by telephone as soon as the goods arrived namely the Case first and then the Monitor and Graphics Card as they arrived on a different order.

At work at moment so cannot check my home emails for replies.

Thanks

Buzzpud

No problem with the delivery dates then. You should have had an explanation of your rights under DSR enclosed and if they weren't then the cancellation don't start until the day after the day you receive the regs. If you don't receive them you have 3 months.

Hi

Got this email back from Eclipse today regarding Monitor only................

Thank you for your e-mail Mr XXXXXXXX

with reference to order number i319236

MO-TFT19W: 19 Inch Widescreen TFT Monitor

I have issued an RMA number for the goods that you have reported not wanted. This number is authorisation for you to return the product. Please could you package the item back up with all accessories, books etc. and return them to this address

Eclipse Computer Supplies Ltd

Eclipse House

106 St Nicholas Street

Radford

Coventry

CV1 4BT

Please remember to write the RMA number on the parcel/package ( PLEASE NOTE: If this is not done it may delay your return.), and the item is well packed.

RMA No: 125728

Once the item is returned it will be examined by one of our technicians and if found in ‘as new’ condition a refund would be issued for the product.

If you have any questions on your return then by feel free to e-mail them to me.

Regards

Surender Singh

Eclipse Customer Support

I notice the if found in "as new" condition a refund would be issued?

How can a Monitor with a scratch and two dead pixels be in an as new condition?????

Are they trying to snag me with this email?

Cheers

Buzzpud

Sounds like you're having a nightmare!

My dad had a big problem with Computer Supermarket.com last year and I dealt with that for him.

They came out with the same rubbish as you're getting and then they went bust. Luckily as it was bought on a credit card, we got our money back.

Keep fighting

You don't need to go the CC chargeback route yet.

The monitor does not have to be returned in as new condition just in the same condition that it was supplied to you.

If you pack it in the same box etc that it came in there can be no complaint about it not being packaged properly.

I don't like the wording they are using and I think I would take some pics of it as it arrived and as it was sent back.

I see no mention of the graphics card, you might have to prod them on that.

Hi All

Right heres the email I sent back..........................

Dear Mr Surender Singh

Would you please note that I shall be returning the monitor as I received it namely with a scratched screen which makes the product defective from new.

I sent you a photo on my web space as your mail server doesn’t like large files at:

http://thegableroom.co.uk/filedump/scratchmon.jpg

So your statement:

“Once the item is returned it will be examined by one of our technicians and if found in ‘as new’ condition a refund would be issued for the product.”

Is totally irrelevant as the Monitor is not as good as new as it came scratched!

Also the Graphics Card of which you do not mention in this email is no good to me as it is a PCI not an AGP one as I requested in the original order .

Your Sales Team have sent me the wrong card as I have a AGP 8X slot in my Motherboard.

Still not had reply from Consumer direct yet???

Cheers

Buzzpud

Hi Conniff

Got a phone call this evening from Eclipse saying they had received the damaged case and told me a replacement case is being dispatched and on its way to me.

I asked the customer service guy about the graphics card and he said someone else was dealing with that problem.

I also stated that I was posting the monitor back to him Friday and said I was not happy about the statement:

"Once the item is returned it will be examined by one of our technicians and if found in ‘as new’ condition a refund would be issued for the product."

I then told him it would be coming back in the same condition as the way I received it with a scratched screen. He basically mumbled something on the lines of they will take a look at it.

I have packed everything exactly as I received it and photographed individual components mains lead, monitor lead, and manual etc all back in their polythene bags with cable ties round and photographed the exterior of the box

No doubt they will find something wrong but we will see.........................

Thanks

Buzzpud

Edited by buzzpud
html code being entered when pasting text from emails

Hi Conniff

The rest of the components I have on that order have been checked and tested by me and are ok.

The computer is for where my wife works a charity organisation who look after autistic people.

They already have one pc that I built them but they need another one for the autistic people so they are having to wait as well as me on this issue.

Thanks

Buzzpud

Hi

I have just received the replacement pc case today which I have been waiting for since about 16/12/08.:)

They must have got their damage claim money from Parcelforce!

Just waiting now for a refund on the Damaged Monitor and Wrong Graphics

Card.

Buzzpud

Hi

Just received a phone call from Trading Standards.

The basically want me to send a recorded delivery letter quoting the Sales Of Goods Act and ask Eclipse Computers for a refund on the Monitor and Graphics Card.

If Eclipse Computers dont reply within 7 -10 days then they want me to contact the Credit Card company and get my money back from them.

Thanks

Buzzpud

• 5 years later...

The customer service at Eclipse Computers leaves a lot to be desired, in fact to would test the resolve of the Dalai Lama himself. I purchased a personal computer for over £1000 which developed a hardware fault when it was less then twelve months old, the support I got was as much use as a chocolate fireguard. They say they'll call, but you have about as must chance of receiving a call from the dead as you do from Eclipse. Personally I would not recommend Eclipse Computers.