Three Satisfied Default (removal attempt)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly I know there are loads of topics on defaults and removing them but I just wanted to document mine in the event of being successful with it. That way should anyone be in a similar position with three or a mobile phone company they can refer to it for help (aint I thoughtful lol).

Right, so....

Back in 2005 I had out two Three contracts both of which were maintained well for some time. However due to certain circumstances I was unable to keep up with the payments. As a result I was defaulted on one (£166) and was a month away from the second one going the same way. However, luckily I quickly got back my feet and paid the outstanding balances on both my accounts (had I been a month quicker I would have caught the first account before the default stage). On settling the defaulted account I was also informed that the default would be removed, although this has not been the case as it just appears ‘satisfied’ on my credit file. What’s more they do not even have my name spelt correct on this account on my credit file. Nevertheless, I did continued to maintain my second account with them throughout the duration of my contract and beyond then later settled it in 2007 after two years.

I again now have another contract out with Three which I have had no problems with also.

So now knowing my history with Three, do you think I should first send a polite letter asking them to remove the satisfied default? Or should I just get straight to it and send a copy of that default removal template?

I also know it has been few years but this default is still causing me problems even while satisfied. So, if I there’s a chance I can get it removed who am I not to try?

Your advice is much appreciated.

You might be confusing the different 'Defaults' - the template you refer to is for CCA defaults, which are not applicable to mobile contracts. These are simply service contract 'defaults' (note the lower case). The networks have a duty to ensure the data is correct, and there is no question that it is, you paid them off and the shoed that your account is clear ('satisfied'). You are asking for removal of the reference that you paid it - this won't happen unless you can prove that they had agreed to this, as it otherwise remains as a valid statement of fact.

Regarding the conversation you had - you asked for the default to be removed, but in your eyes they didn't - whilst you may have expected the default entry to be removed, they would really have only agreed to remove the flag that showed the default as still outstanding. It is sometimes possible to get it removed if the network somehow contributed to the problems in the default being placed on the account - but this needs to be negotiated at the time.

I have heard of folk who managed to negotiate the complete removal of the entry in return for making an immediate payment, and this has happened - but they were specific as to their requirements. Changing the status of a default from outstanding to satisfied IS accepted as a removal of the default, even though you might not agree.