Another redundancy whilst on maternity...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On (second) maternity leave and I am in the middle of consultation being told my role eliminated and no other comparable roles. Of course there is an economic downturn but this outcome is very strongly reeking of pre-determined redundancy but they are covering themselves. Not offered any other work yet at second meeting, not even asked questions like what I would consider suitable (whatever happened to my work being covered whilst I was on maternity?) There are many things pointing to me being Easy Pickings and things they didn't like eg flexible working and poor behaviour towards me but what do I have to prove? Don't want to end up in court ;( but high earner, sole breadwinner, 2 very young children and job market terrible even if I took a large paycut and moved industry, timing the worst it could possibly be. The proposed package to date is not good enough by far. Any advice on negotiation or my position would help please. I chose not to have a colleague present because I have been off for 6 months and not in regular contact with anyone and the two I actually saw looked so sheepish I thought to bring anyone would just be a nightmare for them and me. What are they meant to be there for anyway? There is not going to be a lot of support there when everyone is scared for their own position is there?