• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Co op bank no cca but lots of calls!

stressed mum!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could any one give me advice please, my credit card account with them is in dispute no cca agreement and have sent the next letter to say this account was in dispute and to not pass on ect, was recieved and signed for on the 12th feb they have phoned me 4 times today twice there was no one on the end of the phone these calls don't really bother me but I would like to know what the best thing to say to them is any advice would be appreciated, I am sure they will pass it to a DCA soon they said this in a letter dated 3 weeks ago

Thanks in advance

Thanks ITC1607 they dont really bother me but I do get tongue tied I think alot of it with them is they have no cca agreements and are trying to bulLY people just glad I found this forum. I have been writing down everytime they phone do you have a template letter for the harrasment I am going to get a small recorder but have'nt been able to get one yet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html that will give you the letter not that they will stop calling but I did get a letter back from thier complaints dept saying they are looking into it.I have just sent copies of all me letters to them again to arrive tomorrow as we are at the same stage I will keep you updated

Thanks let me know how you get on I have afew people phoning us daily but I know I never signed an agreement with them as the card automatically came when we took out a mortgage with them, they have been phoning and bullying me since before christmas. I have no intention of wriggling out of my debts we have loans too and do want to offer our creditors payments but my mortgage and kids come first and the co-op have really wound me up!! I will let you know how I get on good luck.

I don't most of the time I ignore the house phone and never answer my mobile if I don't know who it is it was just if I did answer the phone and it was them did'nt want to trip myself up stop talking to them just before christmas I don't know how these people sleep at night!!!

Ive been having immense problems with these bunch of ------.

ive been trying to claim back just under £29,000 in mis-sold PPI on 9 loans ive had over 15 yrs.

Because my current account is linked to those loans i.e same account number bar last two digets

And the fact i went over overdraft limit by £10 originally although now its higher due to charges.

They constantly harassed me and the wife as if to try and stop my claim.

It did not work and the calls did not stop until i past the matter to the FOS to deal with.

I was not going to pay them a penny more until i got my money back.

They will as you have no doubt found out ignore all your letters but so long as you keep records of all letters sent and received you wil be ok do NOT ANSWER THE PHONE it will get you no where except stress and high blood pressure.

Just keep answering there letters with letters quoting what they have mis-understood and eventually the calls will stop.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Sure will ill be blowing CAGS chimney down

Can you believe though even when i sent a letter to the Co-op informing them that the FOS are now dealing with this claim and that any correspondence should be copied to them quoting the FOS case number they did not believe me and it took a letter from the FOS to the co-op for them to take note.

You try your best to make things easy and it dont work they choose the hard way.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I've been having fun and games with Co-Op over a credit card I took out in 1999. I CCA'd them on 5th January and put the account into dispute on 26th Jan and all I have received is demands and the couple of calls I have taken, have been fairly stroppy on the bank's part.

I do have a thread running with my story - so if anyone with experience could have a look and comment, I'd be very grateful.

• 1 month later...

Hi Itc1607 well they sent me an application form that I must have filled in from 2003 when I took out my mortgage with NR and my last statement and some T&C's that they have printed off from there archives on A4 I have sent them this is not correct docs ect letter waiting back to hear from them they kept phoning so sent them the harrasment letter too I see what turn's up and let you know.

Thanks for asking

HI they sent me the same thing I have disputed it have sent mine off to a company that is checking it for me will let you know we are at the same stage with them.Just wish they stop phoning getting on my ****

They phone me about twice a day but I have a fax so it just goes to that and if I do pick up there's normally a ringing on the other end so I know it's them they will have recieved my harrasment letter now so we'll see if they ignore it!!?? How many time's are they ringing you?

• 1 month later...

these are auto diallers

i have just started on sorting out cards and in anticipation jst bought the true call with the recorder

wow -- this is the dogs bollocks....

just looking at today's log there are 4 calls from one creditor even though they have yet to respond to default letter- my phone is as silent as a lamb

its 100 quid or so and i know some cant afford it but if you can - boys it really is the business

took me around 15 mins to type all my contact numbers into the star list so it lets permitted numbers through but does not even ring when naughty people call and just tells them politely to bog off

Sounds good diddydicky wish I had £100 spare just had another letter from them stating that what they sent me is the right documents and that is what they'll be using got another letter to send in the morning should have share's in RM!!!!

Joining this thread as also have co-op visa originally from NR Together from 2001 and don't think the CCA, if any, can stand.

Also wondering if the CCA doesn't stand does that mean they owe us back all the money we've paid onto the card? A few months ago they reduced my limit from £10k to £500 without warning after I cleared most of it off, just before my wife had our first baby, whatever I said to them they wouldn't listen, been waiting for vengeance ever since.

hello Gump and welcome firsly have you sent off a cca request? If so can you can you scan it minus any personal details and put it up on here so experenced caggers can have a look.

Going back to your question if the cca is unenforcable which from 2001 is unlikley it does not mean that they "owe "you money, at the end of the day you've spent it and the debt is still there. What it does mean is that you are in a better position to offer a full and final settlement (if you have it) or if it ever went to court it would be for the judge to decide.

Are you able to afford your card?

Are you making token payments?

I hope this helps I am still learning but have learnt a great deal from this site, read some threads and ask questions the advise and the people are great I know longer worry if the phone rings or when I get mail through the door I have a few creditors and so does my husband but with the way things are at the moment overtime ect has dried up and we have 3 little ones so it was more expensive for me to work as childcare cost a fortune and only one of them is in school so our standard of living has dropped as we had quite a good one and now cannot pay our creditors ( they are at the bottom of my list so to speak!)

Just make sure you pay all your prioty bills mortgage, council tax, gas,electric ect, if you have'nt sent of a cca request send one and continue making token payment's of what you can afford not what they tell you Co-op dont listen I know from experience but they can't have what you hav'nt got! I hav'nt given them anything now since january as my aggreement was enforcable just an application form and just to and fro with letter's to them keep us informed and congratulations on your baby x

thanks Stressedmum, I didn't think they'd give us the money back but at the same time was wondering how baconbuttyman and others had done that very thing (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/10900-loan-company-cannot-supply.html).

You think 2001 is too recent? I was thinking that as both our cards were once NR and then sold to the Co-Op, then there is a good chance that the CCAs of all cards in this scenario could have been lost in the transfer, unless someone already knows? Secondly there is another good chance the CCA contains improper terms as the credit card was sold as part of NR Together.

I'm not having major difficulties keeping up payments on the card as its only a £500 credit limit and not £10k credit like it was. I haven't asked for the CCA yet, it just occurred to me yesterday that their is a strong liklihood that its unenforcable and I'm generally kicking myself I didn't think of it when the limit was £10k !! That £10k went onto an expensive A&L loan. I think now I will persue it even if it just annoys them. Likewise our income is dropping off rapidly and want to just pay the priority stuff, everything is complicated by having to move out of 2 bed we own as not enough space with working from home, baby and pets and rent a 3 bed whilst letting out the 2 bed. We're in a bad situation in that can't claim housing benefits or mortgage protection as will be excluded from both, I tend to tell creditors nothing now regarding my personal situation, all this lot have is my mobile number.

Hello Gump what I ment was that it probably is unenforcable as it's from quiet a while back, send of a cca request and see what come's back it's one less to worry over!!!

it took them 3 month's to send me anything and when they did it was an application form I must have filled in when taking out the mortgage no apr or credit limit in fact it was hardly readable!! They also sent the last statement and 13 pages of printed out T&C from archives and stapled them together!!

I would also send off a cca request for A&L I assume your still paying them? My husband has a loan with them that he would have finished by next Feb but as thing's stand with his work have had to stop paying they sent a dodgy default giving no time for service so he would hopefully only have to pay the arrear's if it went to court which is £800!!!

We can't claim anything either as we're married and above the £15'000 that they state you need to be under to qualify for council tax benefit's ect so I know excatley where your coming from.

Hi stressed mum.

My A&L loan started after April 2007 so don't think I'll have much luck there.

Haven't Co-Op committed a criminal offense by not sending the (bogus) CCA in time? Isn't there a process you can follow to get rid of them just on that basis?