• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax Credit card CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i cant remember where wilko put his quote,,it was on someones else thread not his own ..i will look around when i have more time ..The trouble with these CCAs is none of us know if the terms and cons where on the back when we signed,,They could just be cut and paste jobs!! there are loads of us with these and i and most others have only known wilko going to court on this!! someone else asked to view the original at there local branch..\Halifax totally ignored the question!!..Im just gonna sit tight and see if they issue now!! i find keep writing to them is pointless:)..On the agreements it does say we have received a copy of the T & C wich avers to them being in a different document

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP

Sorry chaps I had to re-edit my post but it is now correct and would apreciate you views and that of site team

hellp ! :eek:

F

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

BUMP

Hi 42 Man,would be really gratefulif you could review my last post at 10.42

Just wondered what you thoughts are on the scanned T & Cs on the back of the photcopied cca

how would you proceed from here ??

cheers

f

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Bump

Hi Guys

I am still unsure what do do with Halifax. Clearly the precribed terms are not there in the front page document but contained within the T & Cs they have photocopied on the reverse.

How would you go forward with this one? Post 24 is my key post I need help with.

Cheers

Fingers

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fingers, it looks like I have been sent the same as you, and on the back of the page where it has my signature, it also looks like the t&c has been cut and pasted on the back, here is a link to my cca that I received today Pictures by mazza1970 - Photobucket

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07

Letter received - 07/08/07 - WON!!:grin:

Hey Mazza

I am taking legal advice on my halifax agreement should have some feedback within next 2 weeks. When I do I will post it up as no doubt will apply to you.

In the meantime just to be ultra cautious on your CCA copy you can see your pesonal details on the reverse page of of the T & Cs on photobucket...albeit the details are backwards I would just rescan this !

Fingers

• Haha 1

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hey Mazza

In the meantime just to be ultra cautious on your CCA copy you can see your pesonal details on the reverse page of of the T & Cs on photobucket...albeit the details are backwards I would just rescan this !

Fingers

Thanks Fingers, I have deleted that bit of the set just in case, I never even noticed!! Thanks for noticing!! :-D

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07

Letter received - 07/08/07 - WON!!:grin:

Gotta watch each others backs !!:)

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

• 2 weeks later...

well its seems most of us have received these 5 pages of agreement from halifx

i dont know about anyone else but no way are they real - clearly they have been knocked up recently to try and cover all the points and i note in all the posts they keep referring to them being an exact copy ( yes but not of the original agreement) just an exact copy of what they now claim to be part of the original agreement.

i for one am prepared to let them go all the way to court on mine and ill seek proof of every last detail of who how what where when this stuff was produced from

I requested my Halifax CCA from 1st Credit back in January. All I have had is the application form like you guys and the prescribed terms clearly scanned onto the reverse of the application form with my signiture on it. Obviously 1st Credit are claiming that this is perfectly acceptable etc etc. No sign of any court action yet though!

Hi All

Still waiting for the solicitors advice on it but when I get it I will post it up.

F

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

• 1 month later...

Hi All

In my original account in dispute letter I stated the following:

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies

You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you

You may not add further interest or any charges to the account

You may not pass the account to a third party

You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency

You may not issue a default notice related to the account."

Does anyone know where these specific guidelines come from?

On one of my other threads someine suggested OFT guidelines and the Banking Code ??

Does anyone know ?? and where can I find the original references ??

Cheers

Fingers

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

Hi all. I'm new to all of this and I've been reading the thread with interest.

Thank God I'm not alone in this horrible mountain of debt :mad:

After going through the CCCS, Halifax/BOS defaulted me on 3 cards and passed the account to various DCAs. I requesed the CCAs and have had the following:

1 - A signed credit agreement from Halifax/Sainsbury's - BOOO! It's my writing.

2 - Halifax/Amazon - Pages of an agreement, no writing or signature (could have been typed up yesterday for all I know!).

3 - Moorcroft (DCA to whom the payments are made) say that they're no longer dealing with the Halifax account - news to me

In both letters where they can't provide the CCA they say that they don't have to send the signed original copies.

Barclaycard have sent photocopied conditions of use and a blank application form.

What happens now? If they can't provide these CCAs should I stop paying them? I'm probably too naive to this and thought that if I stop paying them, it'll go to court and get thrown out. I won't have to pay and eventually I'll get the defaults removed.

I am mad!!!:mad: Why do they lend out such huge amounts????

- BlondieGirl

Hi all. I'm new to all of this and I've been reading the thread with interest.

Thank God I'm not alone in this horrible mountain of debt :mad:

After going through the CCCS, Halifax/BOS defaulted me on 3 cards and passed the account to various DCAs. I requesed the CCAs and have had the following:

1 - A signed credit agreement from Halifax/Sainsbury's - BOOO! It's my writing.

2 - Halifax/Amazon - Pages of an agreement, no writing or signature (could have been typed up yesterday for all I know!).

3 - Moorcroft (DCA to whom the payments are made) say that they're no longer dealing with the Halifax account - news to me

In both letters where they can't provide the CCA they say that they don't have to send the signed original copies.

Barclaycard have sent photocopied conditions of use and a blank application form.

What happens now? If they can't provide these CCAs should I stop paying them? I'm probably too naive to this and thought that if I stop paying them, it'll go to court and get thrown out. I won't have to pay and eventually I'll get the defaults removed.

I am mad!!!:mad: Why do they lend out such huge amounts????

cross out your personal details (even the one in your handwriting) and post them up for us to look at

• 1 month later...
Fingers,

did anything ever happen with the solicitors?

Hey Indebt

The sols have seen my Halifax agreement and think I have a case.

I am waiting for the conditional fee agreement from them to sign and return. They mentioned the recent Leeds case vs HBOS ? think it was the ratio money case the old Mike Le Vell where they got the old man off £15K of Halifax credit card debt.... I think that case worked on the same principles ...lack of terms and conditions...the ones they are photocopying on the back of our CCAs..

Its slow progress my end...but if I didnt have my credit file to think of (because of my job) i wouldnt be paying halifix a penny now....

Chin up!

Fingers

The Story So Far...

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA