SportsDirect not delivered order

Stryper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made an order with sportsdirect.com 3 weeks ago. I do not live in the UK.

3 days after it the money were taken from my credit card. 15 days later I received an e-mail that due to an error in their system they could not fulfil the order and would return the money. The order was for 250 pounds.

When I received the money the bank charged me 10 pounds as it was an international money transfer.

I made a new order. Everything happened again. The money were taken 3 days after the order. The order was not shipped. When I phoned them 1 week later they told me that it was shipped. I asked for a tracking number. They couldn't give it to me.

In the account the order is still "in process" but the money were taken.

I suppose they will refund the money this week. I will be charged again 10 pounds.

Is there anything I can do to receive all my money - because I don't feel fine with the idea of giving them 250 pounds for 30 days and at the end to pay the bank 20 pounds fee because they do not have any contacts with their shipping and accountancy department.

Why do they charge the credit card as when they cannot ship the order?

Please advice me what to do.

I made an order with sportsdirect.com 3 weeks ago. I do not live in the UK.

3 days after it the money were taken from my credit card. 15 days later I received an e-mail that due to an error in their system they could not fulfil the order and would return the money. The order was for 250 pounds.

When I received the money the bank charged me 10 pounds as it was an international money transfer.

Why are your bank charging you? Why haven't sportsdirect refunded your credit card? - that's how you paid, that's how it should be refunded & your credit card company shouldn't charge you for that unless that is a condition of the card use. :?

Why do they charge the credit card as when they cannot ship the order?

They shouldn't charge until they ship but some companies do.

Please advice me what to do.

Not sure if this will apply to you if you have a foreign card but in the UK, ultimately your credit card company is responsible for the sum of any goods you don't receive that were paid for with your card so if this applies to you, suggest you contact them.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

The bank charged me because sportsdirect had taken the money and after a week they paid the money to the credit card. It was considered not as a refund but as a new incoming payment to the card. I dont know. I am not charged when I receive money from payments from inside my country.

I asked sportsdirect to use the money for a new order - they said that it was not possible. The money must be returned to the card.

I'm not in the UK.

If this had happpened in my country I would have compained to the Commission for Customers Rights.

I don't think it is right especially as I phoned and explained them everything. And it didn't happen 1 time. But it was happening for second time.

Think you need to contact your card company - it sounds as though it's their responsibility - & then take it further with your own country's financial regulators if you don't get anywhere.

Have you ever had this problem before with refunds from another country going back on your card? Maybe it's just this particular credit card company, in which case I suppose the answer is, don't use it for out of territory transactions.

Good luck...

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Bulgaria. But it doesn't matter anymore. I just received an e-mail that sportsdirect couldn't locate my parcel so they had refunded the money.

Just like the previous time.

Unfortunately we were unable to locate your parcel so have now refunded you in full as some of the products that you ordered are out of stock so unable to process a refund. If you still require the products you will need to place a new order.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards

Carol Mann

Sports Direct Customer Services

This is really disappointing.

• 9 months later...

I have this week attempted to make a purchase from Sports Direct, I would suggest people not to use this site and save yourself the hassle. I initially paid out 140 Euro for some sports equipment, after 2 days i heard the order was confirmed, however on the third day i recieved an email informing me my order was cancelled and i would be refunded only the purchase amount and not the shipping which is 45 Sterling. I contacted my bank to see what had happened and request a charge back to find out they didnt give any refund but charged me an added 149 Euro. I have contacted my bank to inform them of fraud and have attempted to reach sports direct but to no avail.

I strongly suggest persons avoid this site.

• 2 months later...

Dear Customers,

Do not use SportsDirect it is my personal opinion. I am so much disappointed and distressed about unprofessional and incorrect service of SportsDirect.

The follow example will prove my opinion. I got my order 17121293 on 27th January 2010 and found the the missing items. Immediately I sent a e-mail to [email protected] with full information for my missing items. The he five of missing items are empty boxes from shoes.The shoes just be missing. There are any traces from other five items.

Began a difficult correspondence to three weeks. I answered accurately and immediately on their every letter. I sent the photos of the received boxes.Their decision is not unable to refund or send the items again.

I really do not understand where is my fault and how where are my clients' rights. As you know I either wrap up or deliver my ordered items. I just pay. I find where is problem in my wrong choice of online shop -SportsDirect.

• 2 years later...

i have order from sports direct and i didnt get goods from them and i have sent more than 100 mail to them on their within 3days...yet no reply at all...i was so dissapointed to sports direct...their customer service is oppss!!!~~ really need to think over again if trying to purchase from their website!!!! i have to back to my own country within 2 day and i still fail to receive my order sad...it means i have to lost about 200 pound but get nothing...!!! suck~~

• 6 months later...

I'm wondering if this company is going to be the latest casualty in this recession and about to go under.

I bought goods from them and had a devil of a job geting money refunded after returning some of them.

Ultimately I had to refer them to the Trading Standards Agewncy.

They were so keen to hang on the money - and it was only £14