All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those companies are generally a rip off, as on top of the 295 pounds-some charge 499 pounds-they very often have additional charges which can wipe out any savings.

However, yes, they can take the headache away from you. It usually takes 6 to 9 months for the outcome, but during that time, no repayments, no intest, etc your account is frozen with the creditor.

Having warned against them, there may be an argument for some people to use them that are too stressed or upset to take the task upon themselves. Personally, I do it myself and get results. I just wrote off 17000 pounds and it was easy.

However, if you must use one, do some research, spend an hour or two on the internet looking at their websites.

For example, i took a quick look and came up with this one:

Wipe Credit Card Debt | Unfair Loans | Consumer Credit Act | Credit Reclaim UK | Home

I am not recommending any of them. On the surface this one looks cheaper but maybe I am wrong. Check them out before you do anything. See if you an get a referall.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, work out your expenditure and income. Get the CCAs for each one. Post on here for people to help.

Seriously, if you are so much in trouble, please go to someone that can help, such as the Citizen's Advice Burea.

Please do not get depressed or suicidal, if you feel like that you need urgent medical care. Call the Samaritans.

This site is primarily to point people in a particular direction and is mainly for people taking a"do it yourself" approach.

Your circumstances may be different and from the sound of your email you may need professional help.

Hi Alis

Thank you for your kind informative and detailed reply. I dont mind doing it my own (as i dont have fees to pay to these companies) Only reason i would need them if any complication arise so reading to your post I understand that first I obtain CCAs and then ask you people s opinion and then take next step.

Where as CAB (Citizen Advice Bureau) is concerned they have national dial number and for last 2 months i could not get an advisor as the advisor works the hours when i am at work )i work 7 days and 3 nights lol)

Heard about samaritans but did not know that the may help.

I check their website now.

Thanks so much.

(i should hold back contacting these companies until I see what CCA they have got ? what you think? )

Hussy

OK, first step, get the CCAs and see where the land lies.

Then step by step from there. Post on here for help after that.

Good luck!

Hi Alis

Thank you for your kind informative and detailed reply. I dont mind doing it my own (as i dont have fees to pay to these companies) Only reason i would need them if any complication arise so reading to your post I understand that first I obtain CCAs and then ask you people s opinion and then take next step.

Where as CAB (Citizen Advice Bureau) is concerned they have national dial number and for last 2 months i could not get an advisor as the advisor works the hours when i am at work )i work 7 days and 3 nights lol)

Heard about samaritans but did not know that the may help.

I check their website now.

Thanks so much.

(i should hold back contacting these companies until I see what CCA they have got ? what you think? )

please have a look at my thread regarding MBNA....i think you should all be warned before you go into court against them. I have lost and would appreciate your thoughts on it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/185557-mbna-restons-defence-ccj.html

I wish I had settled at £1200 but thought I had a cut and dry case as defult notice was invalied, s78 request had not been fully complied with, no evidence of executed agreement or cancellation notice being sent out.

The mind boggles what is the point in protection laws if the judges do not use them ?

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I am very depressed....I still cannot believe it. My solicitor said it was due to be heard under a diff judge...but was moved at the final hour. He inplied that neither judge had the correct knowledeg to deal with it as they were deputy district judges who only did it part time and that obviously they did not know the law. He told me after that he knew the judge personally and would be advising him that he thought he had made the wrong judgement.

I am scared to appeal as it has cost me a fortune for barrister and in fees for other side

Hi Hussy

Send postal order for £1.00 not cheque which you will sign.

As Alis says sit back and wait, is very frustrating when all you want to do is have a fresh clean debt free life, and we all look forward to that its why we come on here most days to read forum information and learn from other cags experiences. Always remember this though, you are not alone there are some really fantastic people on here and they know what they are talking about:-). But I am not one of them so dont listen to me:lol:

(only kidding). Four weeks ago I was in same situation as you and did not know where to turn, now i feel like im doing something positive and hopefully turn my life around.

If this helps you I keep notebook page for each creditor and have seperate files for each one, when you write make note in book also putting date you should by law receive reply that way you can be clear where your up to at a glance.

Hope this helps you, chin up.

Ang

I also use my mobile phone and set the alarm to go off on the date I should of received a reply I do this because my short term memory is shot due to a stroke.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What exactly please are the implications of an agreement being assigned to a DCA before the default notice has expired. ie. Default Notice dated 8th May, 2009 indicating that payemnt should be made before 25th May, 2009. Then receive letter from Lewis Debt recovery dated 24th june, 2009 with (in very tiny writing) that debt assigned to them on 21st May, 2009?

Hi all

I received letter from MBNA yesterday, they are asking me to wait untill 27th July before I will receive cca.

Im happy to wait to be honest, sent original request on 23rd June so im hoping this means they cant find it :p.

Any one agree with me just wait and see.

Ang

What exactly please are the implications of an agreement being assigned to a DCA before the default notice has expired. ie. Default Notice dated 8th May, 2009 indicating that payemnt should be made before 25th May, 2009. Then receive letter from Lewis Debt recovery dated 24th june, 2009 with (in very tiny writing) that debt assigned to them on 21st May, 2009?

It is my understanding that the DN gives you a certain time to remedy the breach.

ie you pay the amount requested and everything goes back to normal as though the breach never occurred.

If the account is assigned/passed on before the remedy date then the Creditor hasnt allowed the required time for the breach to be sorted.

If the DCA/assignee is not able to allow things to go back to normal then there is little point in the debtor paying the amount requested !!.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all

I received letter from MBNA yesterday, they are asking me to wait untill 27th July before I will receive cca.

Im happy to wait to be honest, sent original request on 23rd June so im hoping this means they cant find it :p.

Any one agree with me just wait and see.

Ang

There must be a backlog in the Photo shop :wink:

It is my understanding that the DN gives you a certain time to remedy the breach.

ie you pay the amount requested and everything goes back to normal as though the breach never occurred.

If the account is assigned/passed on before the remedy date then the Creditor hasnt allowed the required time for the breach to be sorted.

If the DCA/assignee is not able to allow things to go back to normal then there is little point in the debtor paying the amount requested !!.

Thanks CB

I take it then, that other than claiming vexatious actions, there is little I can do?

Hi all,

I've also just received a default notice asking for full payment by 24/07/09. I did a CCA request back in January and only got a copy of some T's & C's (not sure if they were the original ones or are the current ones). I've even done a CPR31.16 but with no acknowledgement...

So is the concensus to wait until after the remedy date and then do a SAR?

Many thanks to all at CAG.

TheScaryOne

I would seem to be a bit ahead of a couple of you and would advise that I got/getting various threats and demands from various DCA's and their Solicitors, so far my cases have gone on for 10 months, still waiting and receiving threats........ so, don't panic, take your time, prepare your case, take advice from CAG. A favourite expression by a fellow Cagger on here, slowly, slowly, catchy monkey ;)

Hi Ang

Thank you for your help.:smile:

If they have asked you to wait till 27th that is 34 days.

Are not they in default by law as they are bound to provide the required information within 14 days

anyone??????????/

they also sent me expenditrue/income form to make arrangement shall i take this option while my deadline (CCA Request 14 days ) expires on 24.07.09.

People please advise

Thanking you in advance.

Hussy

Hi Ang

Thank you for your help.:smile:

If they have asked you to wait till 27th that is 34 days.

Are not they in default by law as they are bound to provide the required information within 14 days

anyone??????????/

they also sent me expenditrue/income form to make arrangement shall i take this option while my deadline (CCA Request 14 days ) expires on 24.07.09.

People please advise

Thanking you in advance.

They dont have to reply within the 14(12+2) days, however they DO have to reply at some point to be able to enforce the agreement. If they dont reply then the account is in dispute UNTIL they do reply with the CCA.

S.

I would seem to be a bit ahead of a couple of you and would advise that I got/getting various threats and demands from various DCA's and their Solicitors, so far my cases have gone on for 10 months, still waiting and receiving threats........ so, don't panic, take your time, prepare your case, take advice from CAG.

Good advise.

I have some coming up on two years.

David